1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

There's a lot of Westbrook haters on CF, and I'm not quite sure why. He, like Beverley and a lot of other players, are those who you hate playing against, but would love their competitive fire if they were on your team.

Earning lots and lots of money doesn't make someone less human. It doesn't mean they're a robot who is immune to human emotions. That's like saying someone who doesn't have a penny to their name will probably have the thinnest of skins. That's just not true.

To be surrounded by this crap from social media, fans in arenas, etc, is probably very draining.

I'm probably going to get hate for this, but women shouldn't get an excuse to say mean things just because they're women. I don't think Russell would have actually acted on his threat to the woman, but the fact is, both men and women need to realize there are consequences for the things you say.

Not condoning violence against women at all (or anyone, for that matter), but in this particular situation, it shouldn't be as clear cut as "woman say bad thing, but it ok, because she woman and not man."

Zboy, vinsensual, IvanLCPM and 9 others like this.
  2. Game7

Game7 Member

WB, like every other player, is held to higher standard than the audience because the players are the ones on camera representing the league, their team, and all associated sponsors. Money talks. That’s just the way it is.

Also, f-ck the Jazz and their fans.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. Bearded13

Bearded13 Member

I usually don't like Westbrook statpadding ass, but I support him 100% on this. He just gained a lot of points in my eyes. Hopefully the NBA will not do anything to him and the cowardly media will put the blame where it is, the Utah fans.

macho GRANDE and NewAge like this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Nothing but respect for this portion. Want to end sexism? Stop thinking of women as the weaker sex.

Good God it's so hard to be on WB's side in anything, but if he used the N word as others have said he has, and if he made racist remarks repeatedly at WB I can't blame WB.

5. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Seriously the NBA should have a security guy employed by the NBA (not by the teams or by the players) sitting on the visiting bench with the authority to warn and then order the removal of both fans and players. Having a neutral third-party there would get rid of this he said-he said bs.

Richie_Rich, gatsby and macho GRANDE like this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Ultimately I would support the Rockets no matter what, but as a fan I would not be thrilled about his "fire". His "fire" is the reason he takes so many bad shots, even when he was next to Durant, and it's also the reason Durant left. His unwillingness to play the right type of game cost them championships, and if they don't win one (and I don't think they will) that fact would sit with me forever. As soon as Durant left did he work on his scoring skills in any way, no. He just kept playing the exact same style and went hog wild collecting as many stats as he could.

He has continued to be a low IQ player his entire career, but because he flexes, and yells, and grabs uncontested rebounds people rave about his heart. This particular incident is just another example of fire over brains. Are some fans awful POS's, absolutely. Yet players wisely go about their business because they realize it's not worth it, even if the fans deserve it.

And yes I will take the salt to my grave about his MVP trophy.

slothy420 likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If Westbrook doesn't speak . . . .. would we even know this **** was happening?
    If Westbrook doesn't react . . .. . this just continues because NO ONE AROUND HIM REPORTED IT NOR DID SECURITY?
    He was loud enough to be heard and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED

Nah . . . . Westbrook put it out there and it is for the best
    Scumbag are protected by everyone around them not wanting to 'get involved' or 'be a snitch' etc
    Even the Security in the area did not do one damn thing to stop it

Rocket River
    Time to stop coddling racist scumbags like this guy and his wife

8. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

We should all think before we speak. Jazz fan seems like a real loser but Westbrooks always trying to fight everyone.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . and what did security do?

Rocket River

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Can't say **** like that to a player...once he crossed the line he needs to know what he's won Johnny. Not going to blame Westbrook for what he said back...folks need to know it's cool to hate other players and have this passion for the game, but that doesn't give you the green light to treat them how ever you feel at the moment.

Bearded13 and Rocket River like this.
  11. Senator

Senator Member

It doesn't matter if you are a man or woman, you cannot yell insults at someone in a public domain (court of law is different) and not expect something back in return. Teach this to your kids no matter what age.

If Russell went into the stands and punched him, I would punish him, but he can say whatever he wants to the fan. Utah fans are particularly pent up and nasty. It's naive to pretend like a woman is immune to insults because of her gender... that is not a valid argument or opinion.

You dish it at a nasty level, prepare to take it. Westbrook can't be expected to keep quiet when he's assaulted like that. A sporting event is in the public domain and incidents should be treated as such. Salary, gender etc. have nothing to do with it. Should be no punishment for these situations other than verbal warnings ..

Theking and Rocket River like this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

So, you are saying this is a Mormon thing? I'm assuming there were many other Mormons in the audience that were not involved in this verbal incident.

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think it's unfair to call it a Mormon thing. It's a moron thing. Don't get me wrong, he uses his racist and MAGA views to legitimize his actions, but at his core this guy is just an entitled ******* who thinks because he paid for a ticket he has the right to verbally assault a player he doesn't like. Case in point, I loathe Curry. I would never call him a racial term or anything of the sort. I wouldn't sit behind the warrior bench looking for a fight. Sure, I'd boo, but that's it.

Richie_Rich and YOLO like this.
  15. TimV

TimV Member

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

All Westbrook had to do was go tell security....

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Am I the only one who hopes the investigation finds the fan innocent?

Russ is an uncontrolled cry baby *****.

Game7 likes this.
  18. VanityHalfBlack

I've heard worst, come on now guys. Russ is Steve Urkel. Dude gets punk'd by Beverly, lol.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Maybe this is a Donald Sterling situation where we tolerated Utah for a while, but over time the country has shifted in terms of its views of acceptable behavior, while Utah has just stayed the same all along. Maybe we can do the same thing that we did to Sterling and just exclude Utah from NBA participation. Either move the franchise, or at least take away their absurd “Jazz” moniker. As a Rockets fan I’m just having wishful thinking.

Richie_Rich and Bearded13 like this.
  20. cebu

cebu Member

Grow up WEstbrook.