1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook beats out James Harden for 2016-17 NBA MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Kawhi didn't show up. I don't blame him. That was a damn circus and waste of time

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Final tally 888-753

Not 1000 - 12

You keep claiming people are looking at him through rose colored glasses and fail to recognize the EXTREME bias you have against him as you hourly come on here to post these annoying little posts about why Harden is so bad and no one outside of Houston likes him.

He's one of the tops in jersey sales, consistent top MVP vote getter, consistent all NBA and all star player and yet he does not have a good image?

Check your glasses.

Reeko, Cash Cam and BigMaloe like this.
  3. lionaire

lionaire Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh well, let's get a ring.

DD

6. hakeemthagreat

Ppl are mad? I'm not a huge fan of WB. He's a ballhog who really jacks up shots just to jack them up. But one thing I'll give him credit for is being a true competitor. WB plays the same way every game with the same effort. James Harden is not 1/1Oth of the competitor WB is. As many flaws in WB's game, I could never picture him quitting on his teammates in a winnable elimination game.

WB>>>>>>>>

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't the Rockets win when Harden sat against the suns?

Kawhi impact is they had 25 pt lead on the warriors and he missed 1 Quarter and they lost. MVP

Also don't forget I would bet a lot of those games were against bad teams or teams testing stars. You remember the national televised warriors game where kawhi, aldridge, parker, durant, curry, thompson, green all didn't play? Can't really count that as a win

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

TBH, I don't even care anymore after game 5 and game 6. My preferred winner would have been Kawhi as at least then NBA are consistent with the winning theme.

Anyway who follows up a choke with a QUIT takes away the shine from an amazing regular season.

yeah it's a regular season award but that QUIT left a bad taste and still does.....

vator, cheke64 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

If the Rockets for miracle get Paul and George, finish the season in first place with 65 wins and Harden averaging 25/5/7, you already know Kawhi will win with his 25/5/3 and the Spurs with a 53 wins record because "he's the best two way player in the league".

Every year the criteria spins just to fit the media narrative. I actually think that Westbrook would've won anyway this year, even if he wouldn't have been able to average the triple double because yeah, "he has no help, Durant left and they still made the playoffs, almost average a triple double bla bla".

You're right, he didn't play against:

Phoenix, Portland, Brooklyn, Toronto, Memphis (they lost this one), Sacramento, Golden State (the one you were talking about), Dallas so, yeah...

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We all knew this was coming for months. If Harden couldn't win it this year, he will never win it. Voters just don't like him. Leonard deserved it more than Westbrook smh.

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

If roles were reversed Westbrook STILL would've won!!

heypartner likes this.
  12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

So you're saying Kawhi should have won it over Harden???

13. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

You're lucky I locked savage ISOBall away. Any further disrespect from you and the likers I might consider bringing him back out. All previous curses have been lifted, to any who read this I have no more beef with you.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

15. Coach E

Coach E Member

No just continue to work hard in the offseason and play hard every game.

16. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Are we still talking about Regular season records? What does playoff have anything to do with MVP award?
    So you deduct the 7 wins from Kawhi, and 1 win from Harden, they win about the same amount of games they actually played in.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

The truth lol

kjayp likes this.
  18. PatBev

PatBev Member

Would Harden call up his teammates to share the stage?

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

SO he ain't James Frauden eh?

Get back to double shifting McD's flipping burgers and janitoring scrubbing toilets at TC

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My hero