1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook beats out James Harden for 2016-17 NBA MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 26, 2017.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

first ever with an away losing record ?

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

what dues ? he took his team backwards, he averaged a trip double by coaches orders for players to let him get the rebounds. He had a losing away record(10th best in the NBA overall)

basically the media gave him the award because they felt sorry for him because Durant left. When he does the same next season and the Thunder have the same record........should he get the MVP again ?

BigMaloe and split41 like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Disgraceful.

2016-17 NBA season (and postseason) was a charade.

BigMaloe and J.R. like this.
  5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Congrats to Westbrook on winning the MVP. Well deserved.

Westbrook and Harden both had amazing seasons. Both guys deserved it. One person had to win. One person had to lose.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

it was known that Russ was gonna win for months so it's whatever, I used to be pissed about it but now I don't really care

Harden will never get enough votes to win the award so he should stop thinking about it and focus on turning around his playoff reputation

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Look guys, as a Rockets fan I hope for nothing but good things for Harden - because he is a Rocket.... I hope he has great performances to help us win games... I hope he wins awards so it helps with recruiting... I hope everything is good for James Harden because he is presently a Rocket...

...but let's be honest... our guy is a douche... a tremendous talent... but a douche...
    from "those that matter don't mind and those that mind dont matter" to 'too cool for the team bus or huddles' to quitting in an elimination game... and other instances too numerous to mention... our guy is a douche...
    Most here in Rocket land view him through rose colored glasses because hey, he's our best shot... but to the rest of the world he's just a douche.. a talented douche...

As everybody keeps saying 'it's a popularity contest' - and Harden does not score well for popularity .. he does not have a good image...

I hope this really impacts him to look at the image he puts out to the world and where his priorities lie...

I grew up in Houston but the family left in the 80's when the oil industry went in the dumper... I now live in Vegas so I'm removed from the center of Rockets fandom - this board is really the only link I have to actual Rockets fans... and I'm just tellin y'all how he looks outside of his fanbase...

Feel free to flame me....

lw17, krnxsnoopy, sugrlndkid and 5 others like this.
  8. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Nba where creating the mvp narrative for the player you like most happens.

In really having a hard time wanting to watch the NBA anymore.
    They ****3d harden 2 years now. May the NBA go out of business this summer.

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm sorry but anyone that thinks Harden is more of a douche than Westbrook is completely delusional.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

To do what, have one of the greatest regular seasons ever?

heypartner and BigMaloe like this.
  11. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I called it and love the decision, I'd trade Westbrook for Harden straight up in a heartbeat. He plays the way the game should be played. Anyone who disagrees is a homer.

12. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I don't see how harden can give it his all next in such a corrupt league, id seriously retire and tell the league *** you, you don't deserve my contributions to the league.

*** the nba harden, retire and enjoy the money you'll never run out of.

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If Harden had Beverley's toughness and hussle, he would be MVP already.

Mazulis and kjayp like this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't just be Harden that retires. Every player not on the Warriors should just retire. We know they winning anyways.

15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Durant turned his back and joined a team that all but guaranteed him a championship. I have nothing but respect for what Westbrook accomplished without him.

Mazulis, gatsby and kjayp like this.
  16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Is it possible that Harden lost all his momentum to improve himself on basketball for missing MVP?

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good God, take the "bill Russell is the greatest/Kashi is the REAL MVP!" contrarian **** the hell out of this thread.

Nobody gives a **** about Kashi defense bc MVP is about offense. That is the world we live in. Not fantasy kashi defense town.

This thread is about how Harden got screwed by Russ "i believe i had 41 points at the time " and Oscar's ridiculous log 10 trash record.

It is not about you or kashi.

heypartner and BMoney like this.
  18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Sometimes it feels like the voters just get together and say screw James Harden whenever possible. The reason he didnt win against curry is exact oppoiste of why westbrook won.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Russ is going to average a triple double next season as well. Back to back mvp?

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Who gives a crap. Focus on being finals mvp

kjayp likes this.