1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors 6/14

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JD88, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

CH, saying that is hopeless. jopatmc, who is one of the members here that I admire, will continue to post his Howard/Williams scenarios until it is simply an impossibility for us to get one or both of them. Heck, he might not give up then! I've resigned myself to seeing dozens of more posts about it from the gentleman. May as well give up trying to convince him otherwise. Ain't happening.

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

The Blazers are open to trading the Nos. 6 & 11 picks, according to sources familiar with the team’s plans. New general manager Neil Olshey also hinted as much in an interview with The Oregonian. “What we know today is that we have picks six and 11,” Olshey said. “What we don't know is what six and 11 will become: Do they become young players? Do they become trade assets? Right now, they are just tools.” FOXSportsOhio

Kind of knew that already I guess...

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

OMG he called players "assets" and "tools." What a tool!

1 person likes this.
  4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Olshey and Maury must be good friends.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/6/1...lshey-sees-blazers-in-asset-acquisition-phase

[​IMG]

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I may change to saying it hopeless on July 1. Or even as early as June 28th if Dwight is traded elsewhere on that date.

1 person likes this.
  6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

http://journaltimes.com/sports/bask...cle_5e823940-b76a-11e1-8b23-001a4bcf887a.html

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

"Well, everyone knows we have picks 6 and 11. What this draft presupposes is... maybe we don't?"

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That's it for Portland! No free agent will ever want to sign there again!

9. JD88

JD88 Member

If they are openly talking about the idea of shopping their #6 and #11 picks, this is a good a sign as ever then we can get SOMETHING done to snag that #6 pick.

Barnes, Drummond, Beal, Sullinger are all building blocks you can create a team around.

All 4 will be big time players (maybe not Drummond, he has the possibility of being a super star, if he has the desire), and all 4 will be All-Stars more then once in their careers.

If we can get the #6 pick, I say throw everything and the kitchen sink at them to get it.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If the Rockets trade up for the #6 pick, I don't believe Morey will do it unless he knows the player he wants will be there. In others words, it will happen on draft day.

11. Carl Herrera

Not necessarily. Morey has tried to make moves the days before draft day so he can make more moves on draft day.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Dwight could have both his legs chewed off by a rabid bear and there would still be people who believe we are going to trade for him. The sad part is that even if Dwight did lose his legs in a bear attack that Morey would still be willing to trade three future first round picks to get him.

And there would be people here saying it's a good trade!

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You're right there. We got guys here that want to draft Perry Jones. So if they'd do that, I'm sure they'd trade for Dwight in a wheelchair.

;)

Touche

(and this is what happens when you attribute idiocy to other posters who are wanting to acquire true superstar talent)

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Give me some examples. Forget it if you mean some pick in the 20s. Morey won't give up a substantial asset for a high pick unless he knows the end result.

15. Carl Herrera

Morey was reported to be working on some deal to move up a few spots before the 2011 draft, so the Rockets could make more draft day moves. Did not happen, but he tried. Make sense. A team like SAC may not want to move down from 5 to 14, but may be willing to do 5 to 9.

16. Raven

Raven Member

The primary difference being Dwight wants to play for a glamor team or in a glamor city, and the Rockets fail on both counts.

And I'd be satisfied with Perry, Henson, Meyers, any player with a high ceiling. Drummond should be goal number one, of course, but we lack the "assets" to acquire the second pick, which is what you would need if you wanted him.

17. jogo

jogo Member

Just too unlikely to happen. All 4 will be All-Stars more than once? If that's the case then we should trade our whole team for all of them!

Barnes and Sullinger have the best chance I think. Drummond might not be better than 4 or 5 centers in next years draft. I feel Beal is overrated.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That is not true.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Morey's said in the past they usually will try to move up for a pool of players. They tried to move up to get Patterson and failed, but they ended up getting him anyway. Whether he'll try to move up on draft day or also before, who knows, but my bet is he'll definitely be trying to move up if his "pool" is available.

20. Egghead

Egghead Member

The Hoops Report ‏@TheHoopsReport

We're hearing the sleeper of the NBA Draft could be Tony Wroten. Could sneak into late lottery due to size/age/vision/handling