1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Wolves "a few losses away" from trading a young star for an established vet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigggReddd, Nov 24, 2016.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

They would be smart to trade off both LaVine and Wiggins. Wiggins might have bought into his own hype of being the next great player of this generation (the next LeBron). I feel like he needs to be THE GUY or else he won't be as effective. Trade him to a team that has no great players, let him develop as the Alpha. LaVine, well.... He's a 2x dunk champion and has developed his shot, who's to say he won't develop defensive tendencies as well? He's never going to be the guy, but he's a great role player type, maybe an all-star or two selection as well.

I could see Wiggins to Brooklyn or Dallas. LaVine could go just about anywhere.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think you keep LaVine and ship Wiggins off. You need 2nd Bananas in this league and since they have an alpha in KAT, you need that guy that accepts his role as the 2nd Banana. Wiggins is a poor man's version of Carmelo. If Thibodeaux can ship Wiggins off to Boston for package that includes Crowder and/or Bradley that would work out for both parties.

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

I think that Wiggins and Lavine mostly offer duplicate skills in the team. One of the wings should be somekind of playmaker and help create for others otherwise the construction of the team will be problematic even IF they both end up being above average defenders.
    What is the ceiling of this wolves team as currently constructed? The offence will still be full of isos and through the hands of the playmaker in the 1. (and when the game gets close it will still revert back to isos).
    Take out Rubio who is not a member of the core and put instead a worse playmaker in the 1 i.e Bledsoe and the offence will run even worse.

I think for the improvement of the team may be better one of Lavine or Wiggins is traded in 1-2 years. Especially since both of them are going to be paid.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lol just another night

5. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Lmao. And people on this board want this trash a$$ player.. I could've made that!

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Look at Thibs when Derozan is basically at halfcourt lol

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I wonder what Wolves fans think about how well/poorly Thibs is dealing with rookies and young players. I remember hearing back when he was in Chicago that he sucks at developing young guys, and IF that is true then that could be another reason why these guys are not responding to his defense. It could be that he is atrocious at communicating with different generations than he's used to, and frankly you get that sense in the way he talks about coaching (I watched a roundtable with him n a bunch of other coaches).

Frankly, I'm not buying the argument these guys can't be coached to play defense. Thibs is Coach and GM on a new team with players excited to make noise. He owns the playing system and he hold the remote control in terms of who gets to stay, who goes, and where they go. If he can't motivate 13 of 15 players that he chose to have/keep on the roster, that's on him not them. It's like a teacher in a classroom. If 30% are spoiled and don't want to be reached, ok you can call that a difficult part of the classroom to reach. But if you are calling 80% of the classroom unreachable, then you are the problem.

8. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

holic get that bullshit out of here. rubio is trash.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

YULE C!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Anybody could miss layup like this. I remember LBJ once doing it.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wolves can't seem to get out of their way.

Besides their brief time with Cassell, they have never been s***.

Screw them for losing to Shaq that season too.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

It pisses me off how no body even keeps up or watches Lavine play yet they yeah him. He is extremely talented and has a great drive and jumper!

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thibs might be the reason they play with no passion. I never thought he was a good match for their talent and youth. His relationship with Bulls players was terrible at the end, which is exactly why the T-Wolves shouldn't have hired him.

Thibs also strikes me as one of the least adapable coaches in the NBA.

T-Wolves are stuck in a bad place. I wouldn't trust Thibs to make a trade and wouldn't keep him past this season. Sometimes you have to admit a big mistake, bite the bullet and cut bait.

14. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Yeah but other people wouldn't miss this type of shot 45/50 times

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Rubio is the key to a championship

16. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Why in the world would they trade Wiggins?? He's only getting better. The problem to me is the lack of shooting in their back court. Thibs sounded good on paper but I feel like this team needs a coach who is morE creative offensively.