1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor Mill] Blazer, Knicks, rockets in preliminary talks; Carmelo Anthony likely involved

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jul 6, 2017.

1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

He did called out the Derrick Rose trade deal to the Knicks last year. He gets his sources from ESPN New York.

2. rockets13champs

Blazers are in a similar position we were last free agency. Maybe Ryan Anderson can help

3. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lets be honest, no one on this board including me really knows **** compared to the NBA players that actually play the game.

If CP3/Harden/Ariza want him and lebron I should willing to swap Love for Melo, then I have to kinda wonder why if they thought another player is better such as Love

I think Melo is hungy to revive his career and I see how he balls out with other super stars. Those two things get me excited. Ya he's old but ****, if we don't get to the WCF then CP3 could bounce and we'd be left with harden and a semi gutted team.

Basically I think CP3/Harden/Ariza, Morey and le$ Are ready to put their balls on the table because unless you can stack up to GS then Harden will probably be 33-34 before we have a chance of winning.

BigggReddd likes this.
  4. MasterBindo

MasterBindo Member

I need another Potato Bomb... F5 key can't take much more.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought you said the other day you had played serious ball. I am disappoint. :p teasing

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Try this one.

Ingredients:
    1. potatoes (of course!)
    2. shredded cheese
    3. sliced pastrami
    4. sliced corned beef
    5. sliced peperoni
    6. chopped red onion
    7. chopped yellow pepper
    8. minced garlic
    9. mesquite seasoning
    10. bacon
    Other items needed:
    1. Foil
    2. Smoker (or grill)
    3. chacoal
    4. charcoal starter
    5. wood (we used oak chunks with a handful of mesquite chips)
    6. apple corer
    7. cutting board
    8. knife
    Step 1: Prep Work

As with all good recipes, some assembly required....We only made six, so depending on how many you make, your amounts will vary. The following will only make six potato bombs.
    • Wash the potaotes
    • core with the apple corer. Cut cores in half and save for final assembly
    • cut up three slices each of the corned beef and pastrami, and about 15 peperoni into small pieces
    • Chop up 1/2 each of red onion and bell pepper, and mince two cloves of fresh garlic
    • mix corned beef, pastrami, peperoni, onion, pepper, garlic, 1 tsp mesquite seasoning, and about 2 1/2 cups of cheese in a mixing bowl
    Step 2: Building and Smoking a Bomb

Final assembly....
    • Stuff the filling in the potatoes, and insert half of a core in each end
    • wrap bacon around each one, some may take two pieces
    • wrap in tin foil
    Smoke it!
    • Fire up the smoker
    • When the coals become white, place three good sized chunks of wood on top. (we used oak, and a handful of mesquite chips) Put ice water in the water pan to regulate the temp if you are using a vertical smoker. When the smoke coming out is a light almost transparent blue, (about 5-7 minutes) you are ready to smoke the bombs
    • We did these at the same time as the porkinator, with a temperature between 225 and 250 degrees, for about 2 hours
    Remove and enjoy!

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Did you ever watch the Timberwolves? Have you seen Love play without Lebron? Did you read what Bosh talked about playing with Lebron?

Love was a dominant offensive player who scored in the paint consistently. Bosh gave an interview and explained that when you play with Lebron you aren't going to be allowed to go down there and setup for points because Lebron wants that space. Love isn't really taking more threes now with Cleveland than he was with Minnesota. The difference for him is that his 2 point attempts have been cut from 12-14 a game in Minnesota to 7-8 in Cleveland.

jae713 likes this.
  8. justtxyank

There's nothing that suggests Lebron wants to swap Love for Melo.

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

pics or it didn't happen

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

[​IMG]

BigggReddd and ElDobleK like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

noice!! but I thought you said you smoked them. those look raw. just sayin'

12. FTW Rockets FTW

This is not the final. Work in progress. Things could change. Recipes are fluid too

BigggReddd, Mazulis and Os Trigonum like this.
  13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You guys thought Howard was bad. Wait until Carmelo gets here.

Harden/Paul/Anthony is a receipt for disaster.

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

do you have a cooking newsletter?

15. hakeemthagreat

If that were the case Love would DOMINATE down low while Lebron rested. None of that happened. Love is hot & cold. One minute he looks like a elite superstar, the next minute you forget he's on the court. Minnesota Love was also alot heavier to take the punishment in the paint. Either way he's not a guy that'll live down low (pause!!!!). Carmelo is the better player offensively and they both don't play much defense. So Melo's a significant upgrade

16. FTW Rockets FTW

Not specifically, but I drop little cooking tidbits in my NBA newsletter. My newsletter is very detailed and thought provoking so my audience occasionally need an easy read.

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I get it. Inside info on what the stars like to eat. very exclusive.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  18. justtxyank

I'm not sure what it is about Love and Melo that makes people favor Melo over Love so much.

Literally by no stat is Melo a better offensive player than Love except points per game right now and even then it's just barely.

There overall FG% is pretty similar, but Love is better at 3 point shooting, a higher true shooting percentage, a higher effective FG%, a significantly higher offensive rating, etc. Heck, even his offensive box plus/minus was better last year which should be a stat Melo beats him in because he dominates the offense so much.

I don't know if it's just because he's a white 3 point shooter, but Kevin Love gets disrespected so much. He puts up better numbers and advanced stats and yet people will still say Melo is better.

19. PatBev

PatBev Member

Swap Melo with Kevin love and tell me how far Kevin love would've taken the Knicks the past 4 years alongside with Phil Jackson as his GM

I think Love is a good player when he has players like Kyrie and ****ing Lebron James taking a lot of attention from him

Idk dude everyone has there own opinion. I'd personally choose Melo cause he is offensively more versatile and can play multiple positions and I think against GS that's more important than a stretch for shooter when Melo or ariza could play the four

justtxyank likes this.
  20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think the negotiation here is:

i think the knicks want harkless because of his age and he's a hometown guy. the blazers might also see ryno as an upgrade but don't want to take on his contract. even if its ryno for harkless, davis, and vonleh, the salaries match this year but davis and vonleh come off the books next summer and will save the blazers a 20M cap hit over the remaining 2 years of ryno's contract and i can't imagine how much in luxury taxes that is for them. they'd much rather save those expirings and send leonard in order to equal ryno's contract. they'd break even financially but get better on the court.

the knicks probably want no part of leonard's contract. for some reason i can see the rockets ending up with him, and MDA getting some use out of him. the rockets would then need to send out $11.5M to be able to receive melo and leonard. i don't think our TPE goes that high.

i believe the catch is to convince portland to keep leonard and send a less-terrible contract like ezeli to make the salaries work. the blazers have said they will remove ezeli from the roster before the season starts due to his injuries. they can also send expiring contracts of davis and vonleh to the knicks who might see some value in them, but the blazers can write their salaries off as immediate savings this year.

the rockets couldn't do this trade without using uthoff in the deal to max out their ability to receive salary. he can't be traded in combination until august 28.

i think the most likely trade (without getting a 4th team involved) is:

NYK gets: harkless, davis, vonleh, nanu, taylor, kelly, long, quarterman, uthoff, HOU 2020 lotto protected FRP.
    POR gets: ryno, 2 HOU SRP's, $7.5M in cap savings + whatever that is in luxury tax savings, and maybe cash from the knicks for more savings. knicks don't care about money anyway.
    HOU gets: melo and the ghost of ezeli.