1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor Mill] Blazer, Knicks, rockets in preliminary talks; Carmelo Anthony likely involved

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

twitter name or it didn't happen

2. jman255

jman255 Member

Oh....uhhh...uhhhh...I was THINKING of making the twitter account. I am just testing to see if there's a need for it as I want to make sure the public is 101% up-to-date with the current talks between the Rockets and the Knicks.

Did you hear Carmelo Anthony was spotted on a plane on his way to Houston?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. PatBev

PatBev Member

I think it's because everyone has seen what a big 3 of Kyrie/Lebron/Love do against GS and that's get there ass almost swept

MDA also will probably stagger minutes to where between CP3/Harden/Melo at least 2 will be on the court at almost all times. Which is better than have Love with one of them.

Also CP3/Harden/Melo is the closest thing to Curry/klay/Durant. Melo is a more versatile player than Love. I'd rather take my chances of Green guarding Melo over Green guarding Love

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you should sell a newsletter, you'd have a wider audience than twitter I'm sure

jman255, Chamillionaire and FLASH21 like this.
  5. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I seriously don't think this is going to happen, as even though we landed Paul, most of the time these Rockets deals are anticlimactic. If it does, 10 bucks to the tipjar. Anyone want to add to my donation who feels the same way I do?

PhilCollins, blackistan and koby1868 like this.
  6. koby1868

koby1868 Member

If Melo comes I'll put $10 in the tip jar!

cwebbster likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

All these nonsense rumors are frustrating. What happened to the days of respected journalists providing us the inside scoop? What happened to Barry Rufflewitz?

8. blackistan

blackistan Member

Good point, it does seem that whenever a deal goes down for us it happens out the blue

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Never thought I would say this in my entire life of Rockets fan-hood but if this is true:

GOD BLESS THE PORTLAND FAILBLAZERS!

[​IMG]

No Chance likes this.
  10. hakeemthagreat

Love is not the player Melo is. Stop it you're being silly. Melo isn't just a spot up 3pt shooter, he can put the ball on the floor, post up & occasionally hit the 3. Love is a highly skilled Ryan Anderson that can rebound.

Melo>>>>>>>Love

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well nothing has happened yet, and given Potato Head's apparent struggle with the English language I'm skeptical of his ability to properly relay insider info.

12. PatBev

PatBev Member

Cause it gets the people going

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

did you just time travel from the 90s?

Haymitch and Yung-T like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So they should get older and worse on offense, defense and rebounds?

Melo is probably an upgrade for us because he can create his own shot when stuff breaks down and ryno can't, but he's not better than love at anything. And he's older.

TheFreak and The Cat like this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Love is elite at creating offense in the post. The cavs don't let him do that because of spacing. He's not as good of a shooter as ryno in fact, it's the other stuff

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Right, that's why I'm reluctant to celebrate yet... so 'IF TRUE' my statement above stands clear.

The article in the OP seems to have tried to give him credentials on other deals and signings in the past but we may be a bit spoiled with the CP3 trade happening so quickly... this one could take much more time to iron out. Again 'IF TRUE'.

17. Chamillionaire

So

Paul / Harden
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza / Tucker
    Melo / Tucker
    Capela / Nene

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Maurice Harkless and Al-Farouq Aminu have trade value, but only because they are on good contracts Portland would rather keep.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19874801/zach-lowe-nba-free-agency-winners-losers

Standing still in the West is like pulling your hamstring in a road race and watching everyone whiz by you. The Blazers are coming off a .500 season, and at least two teams below them -- the Wolves and Nuggets -- are primed for a leap. Utah and the Clippers should hang in the playoff race. Portland could have more than $130 million, and perhaps much more, committed in each of the next three seasons.

Reminder: The Blazers were in a use-it-or-lose-it situation with their cap space a year ago. They bet big on Evan Turner, and matched even bigger on Allen Crabbe. They wagered both would be movable in a league starved for wings.

Nope. Portland would need to sweeten the pot with a first-round pick to flip either of those guys right now. In hindsight -- and you know what they say about hindsight -- they probably should have picked one. Maurice Harkless and Al-Farouq Aminu have trade value, but only because they are on good contracts Portland would rather keep. The Blazers have upside. Their best players are young, and they went 14-5 with Jusuf Nurkic in the starting lineup before he broke his leg. But the landscape has changed.

Vivi likes this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

One more big who can play 4/5

20. hakeemthagreat

Cavs won't let him? lol. Love doesn't post up consistently because bigger, more physical players give him problems. Also posting up takes it's toll on guys who want to shoot 3's all game. They aren't identical, but Anderson & Love have alot of the same pros & cons