1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Rumor] Gery Woelfel: Ty Lawson for Michael Carter Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockergordon, Feb 16, 2016.

1. hakeemthagreat

It also builds resentment too. Morey "Ok, I'm offering Terrence Jones AND Sam Dekker. Did you see Dekker in college? He'll be a GREAT asset for the Bucks organization. Just watch. All we need is MCW and Parker". Milwaukee "Are you serious? (hangs up phone)".

Morey seems like he'll mess up a potential good deal by asking for too much while giving up too little:rolleyes:

2. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Isn't this how we got James Harden though?

He may have passed up good deals that I'm unaware of, but from what has been publically shared, I don't recall any deals that we missed out on due to greed. If anything, he'll spend to take a risk on a chance to not miss out on a potential deal.

3. malakas

malakas Member

after what Woj posted, I am more convinced it's not Lawson ..but Foye. Kidd is going to go all in this summer to get Rubio. (sorry bballholic) and saving his assets for that.
    That's what I think.
    And if it's lawson won't be for mcw.

Btw Mcw even though he's an excellent cutter would have had issues playing off the ball.

4. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Our shooting coaches have done really poorly this year...

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Word is that Bucks, meanwhile, continue to tell PG Michael Carter-Williams to ignore trade speculation because they insist he's staying put</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/700021152689721344">February 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah. Kidd has been lying but not to that extent and not when it is leaked so much in the media. They are trying to be a player friendly environment and since now Spears and Stein have reported this I doubt MCW is traded.

In fact I think they will trade him in the summer to try and get Rubio. Perhaps Rubio for MCW+ 1st round + Vaughn or smth.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

More salt in the wound.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

and its not happening

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Latest Bucks injury news: Kidd says Jerryd Bayless suffered knee injury in practice Wed. night and is having MRI exam today.</p>&mdash; cfgardner (@cf_gardner) <a href="https://twitter.com/cf_gardner/status/700397973281198080">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

If anything, that would motivate a trade.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

MCW would not help either version of this team.....

(Last year's squad that needed someone reliable and smart to take pressure off of Harden - or - this year's pathetic squad that badly needs a spark and/or find a way to stop the bleeding).

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

welp:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Bucks say guard Michael Carter-Williams will undergo season-ending surgery on Thursday to repair the torn labrum in his left hip.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/706911373406576640">March 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

MCW would have made Houston worse anyways. It's no surprise that the Bucks started playing worse after that trade last season. Monroe is probably a bad fit too, but I blame MCW the most.