1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] Foo Fighters breaking up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by donkeypunch, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4rW1wuNyDKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love Dave Grohl. Dude is both hilarious and an amazing musician. Well played Foo Fighters. Fight dem foos!

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Nick Lachey is in line to be lead vocalist on next album. My body is ready.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I nearly freaked when I saw the title. :eek:

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nick to lead the Foo Fighters and Dave to be the new lead for One Direction.

Hell yeuhhh!!

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Even if this were true, isn't Dave Grohl pretty much the whole band? Wouldn't he just form another band or go solo.

I'm sure the other members contributed quite a bit , but in my opinion the first album is by far the most essential, and he wrote and played every part on that album. (and yes, I do consider the self-titled album essential, one of the last great records of the grunge era...actually...probably is the last one).

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Dave Grohl was the talent in Nirvana.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I get a little tired of seeing Dave EVERYWHERE and Foo Fighters have always been just 'okay' to me.....

But that video was hilarious. Well done.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think he totally nailed that version of Blackbird at the Oscars. Loved it. Actually have been listening to the video of it many times.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Same. I don't hate them but I don't get the hype. Oh well, he seems like a good dude so good for him.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The Colour and the Shape was ****ing incredible. Everything after that...ehhhh? They do have some great songs that pop up from time to time like The Pretender, but most of the stuff they put out isn't listenable.

12. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I don't understand the love for the Foo Fighters. Their songs are all formulaic in the sense that he repeats the same verse over and over again. I agree that Dave is a good dude and all, but their "greatest of all time" status is extremely overrated.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Except that time his band was tied to the whole AIDS denialist group... Such a mess. Oh and the latest anti-vax bull****... There's a ton of sources on them believing HIV has no link to AIDS, hopefully ignorant fans didn't buy-in.

I still don't think the bass player or the band ever came forward on being wrong about AIDS mess up. Other than that, he's a great guy.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

They are overrated because they were the only popular mainstream pure rock and roll band for a generation. Basically what I'm saying is that Rock and Roll sucked hard in the 2000's.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ha. I did not know about that. That's bizarre.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It ****ing sucks right now.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I thought Kings of Leon was supposed to lead us back to Rock and Roll promise land :(

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Never really got the hype for Foo Fighters. Their longevity is admirable, but every song is generic and sounds the same. It's like Nickelback, but slightly better.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I know, it's getting worse. Where are the Van Halen, Guns and Roses, Aerosmith's, ACDC, Motley Crue, Metallica, Rush, REM, U2 etc... I mean so many different great rock and roll bands with different styles.

I think Nirvana and that whole alternative/grunge really did kill rock and roll.

20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

To many Emo kids. They all want to listen to suicidal thoughts, daddy problems, etc.