1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RUMOR] Andy Reid Stepping Down?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by LongTimeFan, Feb 6, 2011.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

The only reason I'm bother posting this is because this guy did have news on Melo talks progressing before ESPN started to report on it.

http://twitter.com/incarceratedbob

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Lil Pun faints?

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow.

Pretty shocking if true.

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Didn't see that coming. Jon Gruden coaching Vick?

Look out.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Nope. This is what has been needed for a long time. Reid is a good coach but a horrible game manager. Like I said when McNabb was traded, the wrong person was let go.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Can John Gruden, once again, ride another coach's horse to a Super Bowl win?

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I didn't believe it until I saw that it was Gruden replacing him, that makes perfect sense.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I predict this will end badly for the Eagles.

Now that Donovan (former favorite player), Andy (current favorite coach), and now Kevin (alma mater player) are all likely gone, I think I can officially kick Philly to the curb as my adopted NFC team.

It's been a fun 20 years or so... but Go Pack Go!

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Beyond dumb.

11. Major

Major Member

If this happens, is it too late to fire Kubiak and hire Reid?

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd be pretty surprised, given how well he did retooling on the fly this year with the losses of McNabb and Westbrook.

Doesn't seem like Eagles brass, especially walking into the lockout. But maybe they decided to leap when everyone passed on the big names out there.

Reid won't be out of job long at all, if true. (That said, I wouldn't jump through hoops to bring him here)

_Edit_ My Eagles buddy tells me it's a bogus internet rumor that caught fire

#12 emjohn, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

"Watch this. Watch this." - Andy Reid

:(

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Reid is going to be our next GM...McNair orchestrating a deal as we speak...

15. Lil Pun

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/25032/eagles-shoot-down-jon-gruden-rumor

DALLAS -- At about 2 a.m. this morning, a sportswriter pal of mine asked if I'd heard anything about Jon Gruden replacing Andy Reid as head coach of the Eagles. Apparently while I was hammering out a Troy Polamalu story, there were rumors floating around that Philadelphia was about to make a shocking announcement.

It finally got to the point Monday morning that the Eagles felt the need to release a statement:

"Early this morning we have received several inquiries regarding the rumors regarding Andy Reid and Jon Gruden. This was simply a rumor and there is no basis to it at all. It is simply not true."

The problem is that almost anything seems possible in the aftermath of the Eagles naming their longtime offensive line coach, Juan Castillo, defensive coordinator. But I will say that Gruden to the Eagles seemed like an unbelievable stretch. I'm certain my Eagles beat-writing pals were not amused as they were chasing this thing down at their Dallas headquarters, aka Idle Rich Pub in Uptown.

Jonathan Tamari of the Inquirer believes that former Eagles fullback Kyle Eckel started this rumor on his Facebook page. And really, it just goes to show that you can't trust former Eagles fullbacks on Facebook anymore. Leonard Weaver at least has the good sense to simply post every inspirational thought that pops into his head on Twitter.

I couldn't imagine Weaver planting a rumor as part of a grand social experiment. Perhaps Eckel has too much time on his hands. I'm having trouble recalling his on-field work right now, but he's always been imaginative online.

OK, now I have to get back to reading about how awful my city was this past week. Go in peace.

16. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

:grin: :grin: :grin:

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

This seriously happened? Besides OL and defense being not at all related, Kolb and Vick were sacked 49 times, 2nd most for any team in the league.

18. Lil Pun

Yes, Juan Castillo has had very little defensive expertise, in fact his only expertise in defense was when he was in the same position at Texas A&M Kingsville in the early 90s. The promotion has confounded everybody I think.

19. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Thank GOD. Firing Reid would fill me with FURIOUS ANGRY RAGE.

I'm still upset about McDermott.