1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rudy T on Cato's off-season work outs.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Miggidy Markell, Aug 4, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Miggidy Markell

http://www.nba.com/rockets/mobley_transcript_000803.html

Read the end of the transcript.......this seems very good for the Rockets. "Cato's body has totaly changed!"

------------------
    Miggidy Markell says:

1. Eastcoast is da sh*t
    2. Rockets rule
    3. Hip/Hop is dope
    4. Buy the new Ruff Ryders album!

Miggidy Markell is watching
    Stay STRAPPED & WATCH ya back or be Assimilated.

2. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

I think we can start to see why Chicago can't get anyone to play for them. Perhaps Jerry Krause could take some lessons form Rudy and CD when it comes to making players feel good about their choices.

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1. Cato's body has changed? It wasn't as if he were out of shape before. Did he put on some serious muscle, or is Rudy implying that he looks like Charles Barkley?

2. Dawson said they worked on the deal for 1 1/2 months. That puts the beginning at June 15th or so. When did Popeye make his report?

3. I'm a little disconcerted by Dawson's comments about only concentrating on Mobley so far this offseason. What about the trade exception? I'm hoping he doesn't mean that too literally.

------------------
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary

http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I just want Cato to improve ONE thing.

His hands, the man needs to be able to catch the ball. Steve probably had 1 T/O a game because Cato can't catch.

DaDakota

------------------

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JV-My guess is CD is just trying not to make a statement that would draw attention (like saying "We have something big in the works." I can't recall any times where the Rockets have said they're close to a trade before a trade happened.

I'd assume he means Cato is like completely ripped now?

DaDakota-I agree. Same problem with Kenny Thomas as well, IMO.

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Juan,

I think he is being quite literal when he says that they haven't worked on much else besides the Mobley deal. And I believe that that is one of the main reasons that Cat signed with us. Toronto was showing interest in him, but then, for a short period of time, they stopped focusing on Cat, and started courting Croshere. We didn't, and I think that was the difference. Cat realized that Houston was devoted to him, and Toronto wasn't. We still have plenty of time to make good use of our exception.

------------------
    "Nothing is certain but the unforseen."
    Some Dude

7. today

today Contributing Member

Yes, Cato's body has totally changed. He got breast implants and had "the surgery". He is now a woman which releases him from his NBA contract and he is expected to sign with the Comets for the playoffs...

------------------
    "You couldn't have stuck a pin up his @#! with a jackhammer. Yeah, I'd say he was pretty tight." -- Barkley on Pheonix Sun Chris Carr(...I think) after he missed a game winning free-throw.

8. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

I did find it interesting that he mentioned 'Zo considering they play the Heat only twice during the regular season.

".... We like Jason Collier, he is a guy that I think fits with Cuttino and Steve and penetrators because he can pull people out, guys like Shaq and (Alonzo) Mourning, away from the basket."

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum
    2. Use clear wording for new threads
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult
    The Serious Police are watching
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Mango,

That caught my attention too. I imagine he was alluding to the alley-oop-athon plays that heypartner described last season. Having the defensive shotblocker out of the way is conducive to Francis' 45" leap.

That reminds me, I hope Mason doesn't become evil up under Riley. Perhaps the team should pursue B. Grant.

------------------
    "At one of these governors' conferences, George [W. Bush] turns to me and says: 'What are they talking about?' I said: 'I don't know.' He said: 'You don't know anything, do you?' And I said: 'Not one thing.' [Bush] said: 'Neither do I.' And we kind of high-fived."
    --Republican Gov. Gary Johnson of New Mexico shares a verbal exchange that took place between he and George W. Bush.

(Quote is from the Los Angeles Times, 5/31/00)
    Dubyah Speaks

10. OT

OT Member

and he is changing his name from Cato to Roberto Duran.

------------------

11. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Achebe,

"..., I hope Mason doesn't become evil ....."

That is pretty funny.

[​IMG]

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum
    2. Use clear wording for new threads
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult
    The Serious Police are watching
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

12. Miggidy Markell

Now come on guys. Give the man some credit, he has been working hard so why don't we think positive. We wanted him to work out didn't we? What else can you ask for? A cheese burger with-out the cheese? Come on guys!

GO CATO!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    Miggidy Markell says:

1. Eastcoast is da sh*t
    2. Rockets rule
    3. Hip/Hop is dope
    4. Buy the new Ruff Ryders album!

Miggidy Markell is watching
    Stay STRAPPED & WATCH ya back or be Assimilated.