1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy T must go!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaqass, Apr 18, 2003.

1. ipaqass

ipaqass New Member

Rudy has no concept of being a basketball coach. Yes. he brought Houston its first major sport championship, but that had more to do with Hakeem than his coaching tactics (also had to do with MJ taking a two year hiatus). I remembered reading last summer how he said he had come up with new offensive plays and that there would be more motion in the offense. What a sucker I was to believe him! His team continues to play selfish, undisciplined basketball. Tim Legler of ESPN summed up the Rockets offense the best ... "I have no idea what type of offense they are running. It's like they are playing streetball."

Les should cut his ties with Rudy T and eat the $12 million he owes him. He should not move him to the front office either. We all already know what an idiot he is at making player personnel decision. Let's think of the idiotic moves he has made already: siging Cato to a long extension based on a career PRESEASON game, trading for over-the-hill and overweight Glenn Rice, acquiring the useless Eddie Griffin instead of keeping Richard Jefferson, resigning Mo Taylor rather than going after Chris Webber, and drafting Bostjan Nachbar to watch him rot on the bench so he could play some dufus named Juaquin Hawkins. Recently Jason Collier said he couldn't wait for his contract to expire so he could join another team since Rudy T never gave him a chance and always placed in on the IR for phantom injuries.

RUDY T MUST GO NOW!

2. Just B

Just B Member

The coach isn't even the one who makes those choices. So quit lashing out at Rudy for stuff he's not responsible for.

And like I've said before: in the last 12 seasons, 3 coaches have won NBA championships. Rudy T is one of those coaches. No way should that get you fired.:rolleyes:

3. Playercentral

Playercentral Member

You need to go NOW!
    lock this thread

4. ipaqass

ipaqass New Member

Les fired Steve Patterson after his squabbles with Hakeem. Rudy T became his point man for making all the basketball decisions. Les never hired a general manger until recently when Carol Dawson took over the role due to his health. Rudy T is responsible for the makeup of this team. He calls the shot on the players he wants and Les has more often then not accomodated his requests.

Also, quit living in the past. Just because he won those two championships doesn't mean that Les should accept mediocre from him here on. He is being paid millions to do a job! If you were doing mediocre work at you job, do you think you would be around or fired?

Quit sucking up and face the reality!

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What a fresh topic....:rolleyes:

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Les will evaluate Rudy's position with the team in due time. We've discussed the coaching staff's ineptitude enough. Time to drop it.

7. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I'm with you man, Les need to wake up and smell the coffee. You fans can cus me out, but I think Rudy knew it was something wrong with him long before he got tested. And if the Rockets were guaranteed to make the playoffs he would have never brought up the bladder problem. He would have waited until the season ended. For him to finish off the season and not make the playoffs would have looked really bad and the percentages would have been much higher for him getting fired.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Les won't act for another two years! By then we will know just how bad /good we are!

9. Playercentral

Playercentral Member

Originally posted by Jerry36
    "Rudy knew something was wrong with him before he got tested"

DUHHHHHHHH he stated he knew something was wrong before he even went to the doctor that is not a BIG SECRET.

Apparently you do not know what Cancer can do to you if not detected EARLY.
    If Rudy would have been here for those games Smith took over we would be in the playoffs!

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

EXACTLY!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go start another trade scenario thread;)

11. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Absolutely false!! Rudy is the main reason why this team is playing piss poor basketball across the board.

12. Playercentral

Playercentral Member

LOL lets blame the coach some more I guess those 5 guys standing around on the court dribbling balls is a just smoke screen for the real blame huh?
    6-9 is Smiths record.
    last time I checked we missed the playoffs by 1 game.

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I disagree.

14. x_trepidation_x

Then whose fault is it?

If your team lacks chemistry and seems to have little or no game plan who's fault is it? If it is the players fault, some have suggested Francis, then shouldn't Rudy have made adjustments to the rotation or moved Steve to Shooting guard and signed someone who knows how to handle the point guard duties?

I would love to know what your definition of a coach is?

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Well, I see why "ASS" is included in your moniker.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I can give you 12 million reasons why Rudy T will be back next season! :p

17. drapg

drapg Member

Is your ass made of an iPaq or do you have an iPaq stuck up your ass?

18. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

It still falls back on coach who is watching those 5 guys standing around on the court dribbling balls instead doing something about it.

19. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Amen

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

One of your arguments is that Rudy sat Collier? Good one.

At first glance your screen name looks like "i pass gas." You certainly do.