1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Gay tears Achilles

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jayfree, Jan 19, 2017.

1. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

It was a bad trade proposal though. Our insurance for Beverley is Tyler Ennis who sucks. Corey Brewer is the back up wing and if either Ryan, Trev, or EJ go out then Brewer gets an increase in both role and minutes. We're trading two guys with working legs and ankles for a guy who is making much more and will also sit on the bench for the entire season. That's mostly why it's a bad trade. Don't forget that Tyler is also a practice body.

Your justification was Morey can find an extra guy with a extra roster spot. I'm sure that if Morey ever found a guy that he believed in he would just waive Ennis, but we can't act like every guy Morey signs or trades for is an instant help. For every Beverley we sign there's a Jordan Hamilton we trade for. For ever Daniels there is a Tyler Ennis we take a look at. For every Beasley there is a Joey Dorsey. I trust Morey on picking someone up if he feels it, but to think that just because we have one extra roster spot that Morey will suddenly pull a bunny out the hat is a little optimistic and also condescending for no reason, but ClutchFans is filling up with weirdos so I guess it's alright to try to pander to them.

With injuries flying around the roster this isn't the time to try to trade for a guy making more than Brewer who is now out for the season. For what? An extra roster spot? That's short-sighted. Ennis isn't very good, but Bobby Brown is worse. They're 3rd stringers, but we still need the depth because we're running a 3-guard rotation with 2 of those guys being know for getting hurt. We can't just assume that once an extra roster spot is open that we'll just sign someone superior or equal to Ennis. I mean, I guess we could sign Pablo and try that again. I know it's dumb because either way the guy won't get any playtime if we're lucky, but trading Brewer (however atrocious he is... but there can be worse) just so we can sign Pablo or a 3rd stringer seems dumb. I guess if that's your thing tho.

It'd be alright if K.J. got minutes, but he's just not going to play. He's not going to make the rotation. Probably not in his next stop either. Don't know why, but that's how it is. That's 3 coaches now that don't play him. Something is up. So we're going to trade Brewer who is actually in rotation and depended on and knows the system for someone who can't walk so we have an extra spot or hope that KJ picks up the slack. I think it would take more than Brewer being traded for MDA to finally play KJ honestly. It's just a bad and unnecessary trade. Gay definitely picks up his PO on the Rockets. Then we got to hope that he makes a full recovery from one of the worst sports injuries by the time next season starts so he can go. If he doesn't pick up the PO? Then Houston just traded for a guy to sit on the bench and loses depth. It's a bad trade, and it's dumb I had to explain it to you.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

joshuaao likes this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

true but since his injury came naturally, not tripped or slipped, you'd think it'd come sooner or later. had we traded for him and it came later, we would've been ****ed.

4. craguin

craguin Member

#44 craguin, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017