1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RPD vs Texans cheerleaders

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by david_rocket, Sep 12, 2007.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

RPD vs Texans cheerleaders in a trivia challenge:

Yey, the RPD won it!! :D

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_Power_Dancers_hold_off-236092-34.html

HOUSTON -- The Rockets Power Dancers are already regarded as one of the hottest dance teams in the NBA.

On Wednesday morning, they proved that they're also pop culture trivia queens.

Behind three of the dance team's returning stars, the RPD showcased their pop culture knowledge by beating the Texans Cheerleaders in the first-ever Cheerleaders Trivia Showdown hosted by Sports Radio 610.

The Rockets Power Dancers were represented by Ann, Carrie and Julie.

"They definitely brought a challenge for us," Ann said. "I was extremely excited that we were able to bring home a victory for the RPD!"

The RPD fielded seven questions from Sports Radio 610 hosts Marc Vandermeer and Andre Ware during an on-air segment. The topics ranged between movies, music, sports and television.

The only catch was that the RPD had to answer sports questions about the Texans, while the Texans Cheerleaders took sports questions pertaining to the Rockets. The RPD figured to have an advantage before the competition since Ann was a former Texans Cheerleader. But she was unable to come up with a correct response regarding her former team.

Luckily, the RPD had little trouble coming up with answers in the other pop culture categories. Overall, they came up with four correct answers -- enough to beat the Texans' Cheerleaders by one.

"The competition was tough, but we showed up with our game faces and were able to bring home the victory," Julie said. "I think we were all a little surprised at some of the sports questions that we were asked. Next year, we'll be better prepared with the sports questions that have to do with the Texans."

Vandermeer hinted that the Texans' Cheerleaders will have a chance to redeem themselves against the Rockets Power Dancers next year.

"This is just Trivia Showdown No. 1," Vandermeer said. "We're going to do 50 of them."

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I heard it last week.

Man that was compelling radio. I wanted to drive off the road so many times.
    I'm just glad the RPDs won, cause I think the Texans Cheerleaders suck. A lot of them look 40.

I prefer early to mid 20s. Some of these nice ladies are very nice ladies and are teachers and rocket scientist, and cancer cure finders.

RPDs will kick their ass next year also.

Damnit Morris and the Buffalo.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Hot young things are always gonna be most desirable. To me now the Lindsay Lohans/Britneys/Paris Hiltons and other petulant brats give em a bad name and some of the effect has spread whether they know it or not. All kinds of Ms Sense-of-Entitlments with no substance out there. Gimme some stable, dependable 40 year old milf to hold me over :p

(Yeah I know you said they "look" 40 and actually arent 40, still...)

4. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

If the Texan cheerleaders and Power Dancers took one group photo-op together, I'd be in heaven...

5. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Morey,
    Get it done!!

6. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

useless without pics.

7. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

my thoughts exactly....why couldn't it be strip trivia? :confused:

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

btw, my fav. former RPD blonde Susannah from 2 seasons ago, and was with the squad I would like to say a good 3-4 seasons is with the Texans, in which she still looks hot :eek:

[​IMG]

the sad part, I recognized her right away when they showed her during the Cowboys preseason game a few weeks back on TV.

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

whoa Dave, you got good taste.