1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White surprises radio station with call, says plan is to join D-League on Feb 11 (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2013.

1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Undersized PF, can't shoot, good handle and passing ability but those are skills you want in a PG not a PF.

He has got a lot to prove. Doesn't surprise me that he's changed his mind, his rent must be due.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

How would White know? He's not with the team. McHale barely even remembers who White is.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I really don't like this guy.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Not buying it, wouldn't be surprised at all if he backed out in the last minutes.

5. meekg

meekg Member

I'll be happy if he ends up being a productive member of the roster, but I'll have to believe it when I see it.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yep, this is classic behavior, right at the last moment something will happen.

I'll believe it when I see it and not a moment before.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think White means to disrespect McHale. However, I wonder if coachability will be the next great challenge for him. It is often a big challenge for a guy used to being on the ball all the time to adopt to an NBA role that demands more time off the ball.

Jeremy Lin is facing this challenge right now. Other guys like Terrence Williams and Vasillous Spanoulis also struggled wit it. Now Royce must make some adaptations because the James Harden of Iowa State, like the James Harden of Harvard/Knicks, won't get to play like James Harden because James Harden is already James Harden.

So, it is important he listens to coaches who are trying to help and not end up being the next Spanoulis or TWill. I wonder if his pride will allow him to do it.

9. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

So anyone have any clue on the deal that was reached?

If his problem is anxiety, I'm guessing it's not hard to make far out commitments, but it gets harder as he actually gets closer to having to come through on them. His anxiety will probably increase and increase and peak at the February date. Hopefully the deal that was made is something that can avert all of that.

1 person likes this.
  10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Just trying to keep his name in the press. I hope I'm wrong, but something will come up where protocol is not followed or a new one is created.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yeah... I initially said I'd forgive him after his first double double, but I'm upgrading forgiveness to a triple double.

I hope he's great and thrives.

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't know how some people agree with this. McHale is very much his day-to-day manager and advisor. If you want to do a company analogy, Les is the owner, Morey would be the CEO or director, and McHale would be the first-line manager or perhaps an expert lead. I venture to guess 99% of the contact NBA players have in this hierarchy is with the coach.

Sure a manager is a co-worker...but he's still your manager.

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

That might be because he's the coach and not apart of management. Unless you're a well proven coach, which McHale isn't, you don't have a whole lot of say in front office dealings.

Don't understand how White can't at least grasp that but the guy is pretty paranoid...

14. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Smokescreen, gets fans into a false sense of security, then BAM another episode. This guy's an evil genius.

15. Precision340

Precision340 Member

this guy is straight up stealing money from the rockets... the rockets haven't been robbed this bad since kelvin cato

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

He has done nothing to be trustworthy as a person.

He has done VERY little to be trustworthy as a basketball player.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why doesn't he just do it instead of talking about it?

18. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

Probably because NBA players have a lot more insight of what goes on in the NBA than we do.

19. rocketblood713

now that hes not gettin paid all of sudden hes ready to play lol IDGAF anymore cut'em he was never part of the team to me ..

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

True.

Of course, White is not an NBA player.