1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White refuses assignment to D-League (UPDATE: Rockets suspend him)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fawkward, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Do you want the Rockets to give up on Royce White?

1. No. He's a talent that can help us win down the road.

156 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Yes. He's not worth it. Cut him from the team.

566 vote(s)
    78.4%
  1. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

I don't understand what white wants from the rockets. Can someone explain to me what this guy wants exactly. I went to this twitter page is just full blown in r****d mode. The guy is an idiot.

Someone give me a transcript of something that explains to me what he wants in his own words.

I have never seen anything like this before in the NBA.

2. mirus

mirus Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/rockets-suspend-royce-white-0

3. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

So now he doesn't get paid right? Good move!

4. mirus

mirus Member

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    Not refusing #DLeague I'm refusing to work, AT ALL, until a protocol is put in that ensures #safety.. Doctors should make medical decisions.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Not refusing <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23DLeague">#DLeague</a> I'm refusing to work, AT ALL, until a protocol is put in that ensures <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23safety">#safety</a>.. Doctors should make medical decisions.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/287967517102714880" data-datetime="2013-01-06T17:03:00+00:00">January 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

What is unsafe about the d-league? Has he ever said specifically? I would think it's a nice, safe place to develop your skills.

7. teebone21

teebone21 Member

ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Orange

Orange Member

Anyone else happy about this???

9. mirus

mirus Member

David Weiner ‏@BimaThug
    @Jonathan_Feigen I know 50% of all unpaid salary due to LEAGUE suspensions gets wiped off the cap, but not so sure about TEAM suspensions.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...ton-rockets-have-suspended-rookie-royce-white

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dude is quoting Churchill now.

11. mirus

mirus Member

U guys should read the cbs article i posted above.Interesting read.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    “@KingOfThirst: @Highway_30 yoooo shut up. Nba dont want u. Go to china.... and swim since u cannot fly” , now that's scary... #BeWell

12. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

How u get suspended when u don't go to work in the first place, this is ridiculous, please cut this fool and charge it to the game.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

How do you suspend someone who doesn't play?

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

LOL!! Man you said it perfectly! Thank you! This guy thinks he is a lawyer by never stating details just making broad generalized allegations that no one understands. Hopefully the Rockets get every dime back and then as someone else said, sue him for slander and win cleaning his bank account for the next 20 years! That right there would make my year and hopefully help to turn the legal tide against all these people falsifying issues to not due their job and get paid for nothing.

15. tonguyen

tonguyen Rookie

God given opportunity

Some people never appreciate what God given opportunity until they loose it. I remembered Mike Harris how many 10 days contract that we gave him but he never made to the team and the guy has talent. I feel sorry for White since he does not know how to appreciate that.

16. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

This guy. SMH.

17. bongman

bongman Member

To the best of my understanding, this is what he is saying...

His doctors have provided a protocol for him to follow and D-League deviates from that. Morey disagrees and this is where he says that our GM is not qualified to make medical decisions on his behalf. He is viewing the intent to send him to the D-League as a medical decision rather than a GM's.

18. split41

split41 Member

Lol, I can't believe he tweeted this to Morey. **** is going to hit the fan, if it hasn't already - people are going to get sued.

19. txtodd

txtodd Member

Morey doesn't always draft head cases, but when he does, he hits a freaking home run.

4 people like this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Or anywhere. Never has there been such a combination of a megalomaniac with a very noble unappreciated cause on an internet medium combating the whole world. It's awkward.