1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White Interview by ABC 13's David Nuño

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Our buddy David Nuño got an exclusive interview with Royce White at his house yesterday and it aired today on local ABC 13. Royce has been primarily shutting out local media, so thought this was great -- nicely done, David.

I just put the video up... he talked about the McHale "co-worker" comment and I liked the question about the Game 7 scenario -- "Can the Rockets count on you?"

[youtube]4hQk-utEXKc[/youtube]

Also, Royce confirmed that he arrived in McAllen tonight. He should join the Rio Grande Valley Vipers tomorrow and play on Tuesday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rio Grande... Im here! They're going to get this work, and they're going to love it. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23LandofLions">#LandofLions</a><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23BeWell">#BeWell</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/300827671900860416">February 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

for me to sacrifice 2 months for people to live better"....blah blah this guy is so full of ****.

I don't understand why this dude can't pop a Valium...not trying to advocate pill popping but treatment for GAD and panic attacks has been available for over 50 yrs.

3. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

Nuno read my tweet to him also. The video of that snippet is on the news website though.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Poor Nuño got put on McAllen duty :(

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What is that? Goldenrod? Canary?

it's nice.

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

what else is there to cover in local sports at the moment

7. QazQay

QazQay Member

Valium (and related drugs like Xanax) work in the short term but aren't something you can take every day because tolerance developes and in the long term your anxiety will increase when you take it and you won't be able to function if you don't.

There are other drugs like Buspar that are effective in the long term, and I think Royce already takes something like this (I remember a twitter post about him going on meds). They don't eliminate anxiety though.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

WHOA!

At 1:30 of the video, we get a look at the computer where all that TWITTER MAGIC happens!!! :eek::eek::eek:

9. instar

instar Member

He talks like a decent human being. He tweets like a douche.

10. jocar

jocar Member

Can't wait to see him on the floor.
    [​IMG] plus [​IMG] divided by 3 or 4 = Royce

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

does he know what D is?

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

First Kelly Dwyer, then Jason Friedman, and now Nuno. Clutchfans has become quite the hotbed for media talent.

13. Puff

Puff Member

for the record i was first... ask clutch...lol

thanks for posting clutch...

3 people like this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Clonazepam is approved for long term use, Valium (diazepam) would be too but it gets a bad rep because of the abbusers and may not be too kind on your liver in the long run. I agree, that they probably would handicap a person, but long half live benzos are approved for long time use and have a low abuse potential.

Buspar is a serotonin 5-HT1A receptor partial agonist, meaning its pretty much useless against chronic anxiety. Long acting Benzos like the ones I mentioned above....are for people just like him!

15. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Seems like a straight shooter. Instead of giving PC answers he gives real answers. I'm giving the guy a clean slate and hoping for the best.

16. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I hope he does great and the old problems are put behind him.
    The Rockets need him and he needs the Rockets.

17. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

What was up with that dude lurking behind the interview in camera shot?

18. prs325

prs325 Member

Well if Doc Rockets prediction is right, the big R will #begone at or before the deadline;)

19. amaru

amaru Member

If you're not trying to advocate it...then why mention it? :confused:

20. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

If you knew anything about benzodiazepines you'd realise that professional sports doesn't mix with it.

Royce comes off as a huge douche here, he really has a martyr complex. Could be a valuable prospect a few years down the track though, certainly a very talented player. The mental issues, attitude and motivation will inhibit him from being anything special though.