1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White gets another shot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tiger0330, Sep 11, 2015.

1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

After doing next to nothing in Summer League he's getting a guaranteed 200K contract with a fledgling minor league basketball team in a league called the Amerileague. Cracks me up his quotes about flying and his ability to still be able to play in the NBA after what he did in Summer league.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...agree-deal-david-harrison-targets-royce-white

That new league is interesting also, they want to bring in HS stars and have made an offer of 2.5M for a top HS player to skip college and play for the new league. Their salaries will on average be higher than salaries in the D-League. If they can get a contract on ESPN they may make it unlike the CBA.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-semi-pro-team-recruits-high-schoolers/

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Semipro team <> another shot

But whatever, good luck to him I guess.

#BeWell

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The guy is a goofus. Have to give him credit for being able to squeeze another couple of hundred thousand out of the game before he's flipping burgers, though. Be well!

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So he's going to AA. Lol. He can't even make a D-League roster.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL, I wonder who gave that misinformation, Royce. Hmm, I remember someone on the Twitter sometime ago. ;)

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess he ran out of money and his writing career never took off.....shocking.

7. stmeph

stmeph Member

Basically White wants back in the NBA, sees this as a way to showcase his talent, and claims that his issues are/should not be a major distraction or problem for teams. Except that's not what happened here even before training camp, and from what we know, Morey/FO made several accommodations for him and he kept asking for more.

This league seems weird, because even if the money is good -- and $2 million is a lot, sure, even for potential lottery picks -- they would have to structure the contracts for top prospects as one year deals if the kid intends/expects to play in the NBA since it's the age rule that prevents them from doing so. I can't imagine they'd sign on for multi-year deals, but then if it's just a single year contract, is that actually of substantive value to this league? Not sure I follow the value to the league. Teams will be a relatively stable core of has-beens/washouts + top high school prospects too young/raw for the NBA. How many rookies jump in to the NBA and make an immediate impact? Maybe 1-3 per year.

The whole thing is kind of nuts.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GIQn8pab8Vc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. MONON

MONON Member

Now that's a term I haven't heard for a while.

Anyway, hope Royce makes it this time around.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He will be living under a bridge in a few years

11. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Royce didn't know how good he had it with the Rockets. What an idiot.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why on earth would the media executive of a new league put Royce White's name out to ESPN? I know a lot of people probably want to see him fail, but enough to watch these games? I doubt it. Also, the guy isn't dependable. I would have made this news as quiet as possible. You don't want your league's credibility following a guy with legit mental health issues. Royce was a good player, but the longevity of this new league sounds like it should hitch itself to NBA-ready high schoolers.

If a LeBron or KG type lands in your league, that will give you the name you need. Not Royce White or 33 year old David Harrison.

14. thejav

thejav Member

Good luck dumb***.

15. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

royce white is the biggest mental midget that's ever laid a foot on the court. homeboy takes no responsibility and nothing is ever his fault.

he thinks the world is out to get him. now it is. his move.

16. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

He just needs this as a bridge to his music career.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I wonder who the money is behind that "league". Right idea, but doesn't seem financially viable.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

So he's 24... and by the time he finishes this season with his new team he'd be 25. I don't think anyone in the NBA would want a 25 year old rookie with his history. Plus he only has one move: go-right-no-look-pass-left.

At least we know he'll never be hungry. He can always get a job as a bus driver.

19. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

C'mon, Mutumbo was a 35 year rookie that finished his playing career at 53

just joking

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Your joke has a point. Deke started in the league at 25 years old and played until he was 42. The real joke is on Royce White though because Deke understood what it was about.