1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White could land in Europe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kastuul, Jan 3, 2013.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Haha this guy is cracking me up by putting #NBA2k13 at the end. With video interviews he gave from his home paired with him not showing up due to anxiety disorder, I can see him in his house all day playing video games and laughing his ass off that he's making money while 'playing' basketball.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Royce White update?

I don't have an update.

Something you turned over to the league at this point?

I think that would make it an update. There will probably be more, sooner rather than later that we can talk about.

<iframe width="658" height="371" scrolling="no" src="http://www.sports790.com/player/embed.html?autoStart=false&useFullScreen=true&mid=22746224&osu=null&startButtonColor=0xffffff" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" ></iframe>

3. scola4

scola4 Member

Heres a link to the interview:
    http://www.sports790.com/player/?st...rogram_id=FeaturedInterviews.xml&mid=22746224

Its an interesting interview but all he says about Royce White is....

Question: do you have an update on the Royce White situation?
    Morey: "I dont have an update."

Question: is this something you have turned over to the league at this point?
    Morey: "I think that would make it an update haha. There will probably be more info sooner rather than later that we can talk about. Just not today, sorry I cant break news on our flagship."

1 person likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Fool this gay be.

5. Precision340

Precision340 Member

is he going to Europe by cruise ship? oh the irony.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I can't see the guy playing in Europe. What's he going to do if he ends up in a country like Greece, where in some towns in the league, they might throw coins at you on the court if you're having a bad game. They aren't trying to enlarge your pocketbook, either. White thinks a stint in the Valley would be beyond the pale? Europe would freak that dude out. He better get his **** together, fast, or the options are going to close. Who would want to take a chance on him anywhere after this? Even in some of the European "minor leagues?"

Wake up and have an expresso, Royce, then get your arse to the Vipers and beg for a chance to play. The doors are closing fast.

7. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

or in Serbia where they throw umbrellas and chairs to the players, any league would be wary of his excess baggage and shenanigans, i doubt big euro teams would sign him, probably third tier teams or middle east squads would be interested in him, imagine Royce in Iran or Jordan, that will be fun

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I've read about these kinds of incidents in some of the lower level Euro leagues for years. We aren't making this crap up, Royce, and I have no doubt that you read this forum. Get a grip, dude. Put the ego aside and report for duty in the Valley. Show everyone why the Rockets drafted you in the first place, and work your way back to the Show. Like yesterday. I think time is running out for your melodrama.

9. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Agree with all of this except for the last sentence. I've actually been very impressed about how this has all seemed completely separate from the members of the team that are actually showing up to their jobs. I don't think this as affected them at all.

11. Rocket Booster

It's possible for this. First, if he plays in a team that only plays in a domestic league (mainly in a small country) and does not play in Euroleague or Eurocup, then the travel by bus or train is more likely.

Also, this kind of thing has been done before. Theo Papaloukas also has the same fear of flying, and he had it in his contract with CSKA that he could skip team flights when he needed to.

12. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

If the League doesn't help the Rockets void this contract it would set a bad precedent for future situations, enabling players to opt out of playing and harm and hold teams hostage. Here's hoping Morey can drop White and get a replacement pick.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That's funny.

14. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Oh. I too am relieved that the organization/team doesn't seem affected by this kid.

He's just a rotten apple and I want him as far away from the basket as possible.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Are you flip? Because the league is not pretty good over there lol

16. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I think it's actually having the opposite effect. This team is young and exciting and they're starting to string together wins. Why wouldn't White want to be a part of this team? I think he's starting to see that opportunity is slipping through his fingers, this team is moving on with or without him.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Time to lock this up, for once, he specifically stated an answer, he's not pursuing this option.

18. ling ling

ling ling Member

He's not planning on it, but might have to settle for it.

The Rockets planned on him playing for them, but might have to settle for him not being able to.

19. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Maybe he read that you can travel by bus in Europe because the countries are close. Genius.

20. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

Actually... The PBA is a very good basketball leauge.