1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROX take Wilks of Injured List!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shawn786, Dec 24, 2003.

1. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Does this mean he will acctuly get some playing time now over Moochie? Oh how i wish he does! Maybe JVG has finaly came to his senses about the Mooch..

Ohh heres the artical http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_Activate_Wilks_Place_-94297-34.html

Rockets Activate Wilks, Place Amaechi on Injured List

Dec. 23, 2003 - The Houston Rockets have activated guard Mike Wilks from the injured list, general manager Carroll Dawson announced today. In a related move, the Rockets placed forward/center John Amaechi on the injured list with an intestinal virus/food poisoning.

Wilks, who had resided on the injured list with a right shoulder contusion since Nov. 24, has averaged 1.0 point and 0.5 assists in four games with the Rockets this season. The 5-11, 180-pound guard scored a season-high two points on Nov. 3 at Chicago and Nov. 13 at Dallas.

Amaechi has yet to see action this season after averaging 3.3 points and 2.0 rebounds in seven preseason games. The 6-10, 270-pound forward/center has averaged 6.2 points and 2.6 rebounds in 294 career games with Cleveland, Orlando and Utah. The Rockets roster now stands at 12 active players.

2. jelanit

jelanit Contributing Member

??

Wow, thats a new one.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yes, I think it is a small signal of change. I would look for Wilks to be tried with Moochie's minutes initially to see how he performs. If he brings an element of fast break passing basketball to this team, I would think his minutes would increase.

4. aries323

aries323 Member

ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

yes sir, its about DAMN time! :D

6. sup123

sup123 Member

i think he was just takin off the injure list because of cat and steve being sick and the probablity of them not playing in indina game.

7. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

Just about everyone in this site has wanted that to happen for a while, including me, so finally the rockets make a good move, hopefully wilks will get some playing time.

8. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

The only surprising news here is why they didn't do it sooner. I mean are they happy with Moochie's play or something?

9. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I sure as hell wouldn't think so.. :rolleyes:

10. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Oh you know CD or VG put something in his tea.

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I highly doubt Wilks sees any time, barring injuries.

No one on the rocks seems willing to admit Mooch is a bust.

Gah!!

12. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

That's the sad thing with this organization. Instead of admitting we made roster mistakes, we cover it up (or find lousy excuses). And some wonder why we stink.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

don't get ur hopes up. just because mooch MAY get less playing time doesn mean wilks is any better.

14. ymc

ymc Member

One sad thing about this is that now Cato for Jamison is not really possible for the short term. :(

15. ty185

ty185 Member

they probably were happy with man boob's play and didn't want to put him in the IL. :D

16. farhan007

farhan007 Member

Is it possible to be worse than moochie???

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Tierre Brown, Tito Maddox, Sean Colson... I would have to say yes.

18. shawn786

shawn786 Member

HELL NO, at least when maddox or brown came in we didnt go down hill, its like hes bad luck or somthing

19. droxford

droxford Member

Are we ever gonna see Adrian Griffin play?!?!?!

-- droxford

20. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

Mooch isn't all that bad. In the last two games, he has put in some quality minutes and has hit some big threes.. a plus maybe :) Well let's hope so!