1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rowdies] Road trip to Dallas - interested?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by krosfyah, Jan 5, 2007.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

For everybody that joined us at the Spurs game, you know this was probably the most fun you've had at a game in a long time. I know it was for me.

Well, we are looking into what it'll take to pull off another trip to Dallas on Friday, Feb. 9th.

One issue is that seats are going fast and it doesn't look like we can get a whole block of 50 seats this time. So we are trying to figure out creative ways to pull it off. But whatever we do, it's gotta be quick because seats are selling. One option may be to buy multiple smaller blocks of seats and get walkie talkies on the same channel so we can coordinate chants easier.

Another issue is transportation. We were contemplating getting a bus for this road trip especially if we could get the Rockets to spring for it. Evidently they won't. More details to follow.

If you've got other ideas, air it out.

Anyway, I need to know what kind of interest Clutchfans has to join in on the roadtrip. If we can swing the trip, like last time, we'll need to get payment in advance for the tickets.

So who is interested in going? And how many tickets might you want?

2. superden

superden Contributing Member

I am pretty sure me and my 2 friends would potentially be in, barring prior commitments, etc. I was just thinking about this yesterday. Lets get this rolling!

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'm interested. but I would be coming from OKC.

4. superden

superden Contributing Member

Oh, we would be coming from Austin. FYI.

5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I would have 2, maybe 3.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm going to be there with the wife

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I wouldn't miss it. I'd be good for two.

Pitching in to pay for the bus would be fine by me. More fun than doing the 4 hours up and back in my own car burning my own gas.

Evan

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Are we sure there are seats at all? I just played around on Ticketmaster (off dallasmavericks.com) to see how big a block I could find, and all I could get were singles...

Evan

9. docgundy

docgundy Member

So we should get tix on our own? I'll call my friend in Dallas and see if he can get 2. I'll probably just fly up there Friday afternoon and come back in time for the game Saturday.

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

damn krosfyah, u read my mind, Miguel, my 2 cousins, and me are planning the trip for the past 2 days, Mig just got those 2 days off, my cousin is trying to get that day off, and Im sure i can. As for the bus, we were just going to ride one car over there, but if we can do bus, im all for it, the only thing is that we all have to stay in the same hotel.

so, im down for 4 and one maybe.

EDIT: i just called 214-747-MAVS to call about group tixs, but the rep that i was forwarded to, got a voice mail, hopefully he'll call me back. I asked to see if its possible to get 30-40 tixs. krosfyah, did u already call them about it? Also krosfyah, tell that one lady in the rowdies that i owed a Rockets Santa hat, i got her one and i'll give it to her at tonights game, 75% off @ Walgreens :)

#10 Dave2000, Jan 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  11. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I'm definitely in this time.

12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I'd be down with this.

13. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Let me know if anyone needs a place to stay who doesn't want to spend for a hotel. I can accomodate maybe 2 or 3 of yall. I live 5 minutes from downtown.

Going to a Rockets game in Dallas is like no other. It's definitely worth the trip.

Sign me up for a ticket too :cool:

14. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Tickets are definately sparse. this trip might not even be possible. Our last option may be to all buy our own tickets in various locations ...but that wouldn't be much fun. We're still checking if there is something that can be done beyond normal channels.

At this point, I'm just checking interest and get a sense of how many tickets we are talking about.

15. redefined

I can't even find 2 tickets at best available price :mad:

16. docgundy

docgundy Member

We got a bus for 50 people. It's $19 a head, no need to stay overnight at a hotel. We just need tickets. It looks like we'll have to get them from scalped season ticket holders.

17. redefined

It's a Friday night game versus the Rockets. A Tuesday night game against the Bobcats was more than sold out with 20,423 in attendance. Don't rely on scalpers. You need to have tickets in your hands before you all venture off to Dallas.

18. windfern

windfern Member

Two words: Be careful.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd love to do this. If it happens, I want in.

20. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

be careful? sounds like american airlines arena is some sort of a abandoned island or something lol.