1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rousey considered suicide

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Amiga, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Attachment to an identify is serious blindness.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/14785901/ronda-rousey-says-considered-suicide-loss-holly-holm

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

she's even dumber than i thought. to be fair to ronda, that was a soul crushing beat down of epic proportions.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Suicidal and abusive. This chick has issues.

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lol what a poor sport

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't like her very much. She says she doesn't make excuses after making an excuse. I hope she gets her ass beat by Holly again.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Still wood tho

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

hasn't what? considered suicide?

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Not actually doing it but just the thought of ending it all and how you would do it and how others have done it.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Don't hesitate to call this number, please.

1 (800) 273-8255

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sure you "wood".

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I didn't like it when she wouldn't hit gloves with Holm at the beginning of the bout. From that moment on, I wanted Rhonda to get knocked on her ass because who wouldn't want to knock the person too good to shake hands with you on your ass. Rhonda had a reason for doing it. I forget what it was. Maybe to psych Holm out or something? It didn't work.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

To be fair she had a good reason. I probably wouldn't have touched gloves either.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Right to the jaw from Holm <a href="https://t.co/5cmhSo8kGl">pic.twitter.com/5cmhSo8kGl</a></p>&mdash; caposa (@GrabakaHitman) <a href="https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/665297660786679809">November 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

LOL I'm not going to kill myself. Am I the only person who thought about suicide in general? It's fascinating.

1 person likes this.
  15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's a serious question.

I've been on anti-depressants most of my life. After college, I wanted to join the military. They don't allow you join if you're on anti-depressants. You have to get off and stay off for a year (Which is kind of stupid. They'd rather have servicemen with untreated depression than ones on meds). So I got off the meds about 10 years ago and am just now getting back on.

I've thought about suicide a lot. But I'm not stupid. I know that when I get to that state, I'll be better when I sleep it off. So while I think about it, I never thought I'd actually do it. I never considered myself legitimately suicidal.

So from that mindset, thinking about it but not giving it serious consideration, it's natural to think that the thought crosses everyone's mind at some point, even people who don't suffer from clinical depression. That may not be the case, but it's easy to think at it is.

1 person likes this.
  16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Hmm....makes sense. Poor Rhonda.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I took it as serious. I don't think I have thought of it. No idea if it's a common thought or not.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Mental illness is not a joke. Being dethrone and joking about it is one thing but when someone is contemplating suicide, I don't find that something to be smirked at. No need to beat on a dead horse when it's already dead, know what I'm saying clutchfans?

19. VanityHalfBlack

She's a woman, why am I not surprised clutchfans????

20. Nero

Nero Member

Considering and conspiring are two different things. Unfortunately, a lot of people conflate the two, and get all bent out of shape if a person mentions 'considering' something like that, which is really nothing more than 'thinking about it in a detached, academic sense', as opposed to 'dwelling on it with intent to actually attempt it'.