1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 2: Chicago Bulls vs Detroit Pistons Series Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Omer, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Omer

Omer Member

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Round 1 Results
    Pistons 4, Magic 0
    Bulls 4, Heat 0

The two hottest teams in the East face off in Round 2 of the 2007 NBA Playoffs.

Let the discussion begin.

2. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

Bulls in 6, the pistons dont have the depth that the bulls have and it will show

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I am definitely riding the Bulls bandwagon. I love the way they play. I like Gordon, Deng, and Hinrich. I like Sefalosha and Thomas. I like Skiles's attitude. But Detroit's really good. I sat by a bunch of Piston fans when they came to Houston. I told them to get the same seats and we'd see each other in the finals. So, I'm not going to make predictions, but I'm going to try and watch every game. (Go Bulls!)

4. demon77

demon77 Member

I think bull have the edge atm but it could go either way. It would be interesting seeing Ben facing his old team. Finally a Eastern matchup that is interesting to watch.

5. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

bulls will win the EAST no problem

6. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

It's time for a new coach to rise from the East. Scott Skiles. Is Scott better than McHale? I think so.

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

McHale?

8. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Am I the only one who think the Pistons will win this series?

The Bulls are deeper, true, but they don't have the experience.

It will definitely go to 7 though, no doubt.

9. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Season series:

Bulls trash Pistons in Chicago (Bulls without Hinrich, Pistons without Billups), Pistons win close one after Ben Gordon three-pointer rims out, Bulls win close one at home, Bulls win blowout in Detroit.

10. max14

max14 Member

irrelevant.

11. aaaa

aaaa Member

I think he meant Flip Saunders.

I'll take Bulls in 7

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Pistons in 6!

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Kelly, I don't know if you are a Bulls fan, but if the Rockets lose out to Utah, I've got this series to keep me emotionally connected to the playoffs.

The Bulls bandwagon seems to be growing. In the pre-season, I picked them and the Cavs as my top 2 Eastern Conference teams. Because the Bulls bandwagon is heavy, I may have to predict the Pistons will win even though I WANT the Bulls to win very badly.

This series is the EC finals. The winner here will beat the Cavs or Nets.

14. KellyDwyer

Then offer some pertinent info of your own, asscastle.

15. KellyDwyer

The key to me is turnovers. Detroit never coughs it up, while the Bulls alternate five-turnover games with the sort of runs like we saw in the second quarter of Game 3 (I think they had ten). If the Bulls keep the turnover difference low, or even cause a few, the series is Chicago's in six. If the Bulls offer a few of those 20 (CHI) to 10 (DET) turnover games, then Detroit wins in five.

16. FFz

FFz Member

they'll beat each other up and nets will win in the ECF.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

NIT championship right here.

18. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I think the Pistons take it. Chi killed just killed Miami's guards and forwards because of their lack of wing athleticism/size. Meanwhile Detroit is one of the quickest lengthyest perimeter defensive teams. Capable of effortless switches, lots of length and outstanding individual defenders. Their big problem is handling beasts like Wade and Shaq, who no individual defender could handle--Chi doesn't have that. Deng and Gordon are very, very good, but I don't think they can dominate.

I think both teams will go through big scoring droughts, but in the end Detroit will have some half court isos and post up options through Billips, Sheed and Webber that Chicago doesn't have. Detroit also has experience and the foul shooting to execute in close games.

I predict the Pistons in 6. A tough 6, where the Pistons victories are close.

Further, if anyone has thoughts on the Bulls plans to sign or not resign Nocioni, and if the Bulls would match a full MLE offered on him (given their loads of 3s and 2s). I would love to see that guy on the Rockets. I got to think the Heat and Lakers and others would love to have him as well, not sure if under the cap teams would go for him because despite few NBA years he will be 28 by next season.

19. 325Driver

325Driver Member

Tell that to the Warriors...

20. AXG

AXG Member

The Pistons will win the series in 6 games.