1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rotation for Next Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Aug 22, 2017.

1. alethios

alethios Member

Watson, Foreman, Hopkins, Fuller, Fiedorowicz

2. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

At the deadline if we aren't looking like a legit contender I would be trading CP3 to Cleveland for that Brooklyn pick and fillers

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Come on. Besides the obvious that you've got to have 12? There is a reason why anyone outside of our 8 or 9 man rotation is a minimum contract, usually a d-league product or rookie. Never expecting much minutes from them. Tucker isn't getting paid the big bucks for a lesser role due to sharing minutes with Troy. Don't think Luc signed for that cheap to do the same either. I know it would be nice, but say you had centers play 48, you would expect Ariza to play roughly 30 minutes, Ryno say 26, Tucker 24, Luc 16; that would take up all the minutes at the forward spot. Now that's just a breakdown example, but I would say all those estimates besides the Luc one are on the low end, and even though we won't have a center on always, that's offset by when we will have Harden, EG, and CP3 on all at once. No coach really goes past 9 man rotation, and definitely not MDA. Troy will get some minutes, but it'll mainly be due to players taking games off, blowouts, and reasons as such

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I don't know. I'll be honest I know very little about Luc's game; but I think with Dekker and Harrell it was more their inexperience, and Luc is more of a veteran. You're right, he may not see the floor much, but he was a starter last year. It would be kind of weird if he wasn't brought here to play.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Our depth was supposed to be a strength going into the last playoffs, yet our guys were tired and got outplayed and out hustled by an old yet refreshed Spurs team. I know the Nene injury played a factor, but all of these guys could have used fresher legs. I believe that's a lesson the team learned and we'll see changes. One of them would be slipping your Tariks and Troys out there when you can. We're going to be a very good team that does not struggle with 1/2 the league. This means we should try to save ourselves when we can because burning through your rotation in the regular season doesn't have the playoff bang that you're ultimately looking for. So yes, I believe we should play all 12.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If that turns out to be the case then yeah you could very well be right. Tough to say right now. This is a tough league to have a lot of blowouts during the season, especially in the West, but hopefully you're right.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. Garner

Garner Member

I would expect Tarik Black to by a major part of the rotation.

Nene is a huge injury liability and we need Black to be ready when he goes down or we are going to have another incident like last year's playoffs.

Black is more than capable of throwing down lobs. should be fine.

8. mightybosstone

I don't really see that. They don't give Nene a three-year contract for him to ride the bench the entire season. He was a key cog in their rotation throughout the year, and he'll get his 18-20 minutes a night for 50-60 regular season games and the playoffs. Black will play more of the Montrezl Harrell role: filling in during garbage minutes, during Nene's off days, or in case of injury or foul trouble. I think he's important to the rotation in terms of depth, but I wouldn't call his role in the rotation "major," and I don't see him getting many minutes in the playoffs barring injury.

9. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I agree but MDA irritates me when it comes to PO play. This 7 game rotation isn't new he's been doing this since his PHO days when he had vets on the team.

10. Play07

Play07 Member

we need to sign Smith for vet min, need a big at the end of bench that we can throw in when we need a big body.

11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I hate this 8-man rotation talk Dantoni and Morey is backing him up with it.

I'd like to see this but with another backup PG that can play on back to backs or in games where we blow teams out and cut Paul's minutes to sub 30 those games.

Capela-28mpg/Nene-20mpg *Tarik when Nene rests
    Ryno-28mpg/Tucker-10mpg/Mbah Moute-10mpg
    Ariza-26mpg/Tucker-14mpg/Mbah Moute-8mpg
    Harden-20mpg/Gordon-28mpg
    Paul-34mpg/Harden-14mpg

12. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

I could see Williams getting some run if he plays well in his opportunities. I like his energy, we'll see how his 3 pointer looks

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

MDA is not going to play a lot of guys so we will always have tired legs and frustrations about certain players not getting minutes. I worry the most about coaching actually