1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rookies who might have a bigger impact than you expected

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Many people, including I, ridiculed the Cavs for seemingly making yet another terrible decision in the draft this year, drafting an undersized SG who needs the ball in his hands to pair with Irving. But damn. He looked pretty good with Irving last night, Waiters created plays for the team with Kyrie and it looked like they played well off of each other. Irving's ability to play off the ball is excellent and he was finding really good open looks. I think because of Waiters, Irving's PPG will increase much more this year (his AST rate will lower though) and show Kyrie's potential as a scorer. Another underrated thing about Waiters is his D, he had some really nice steals that only few players could do in this league. They were very Rondo-like, and this surprised me because I remember seeing Waiters' measurements and he wasn't even that lengthy. Here's a video of his highlights from last night:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6bfcDqhwB14" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yup, the SGs were pretty close this year. Don't see too much difference in potential between Waiters, Beal, Lamb.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Also I want to add, I think Dion actually has potential to be better than Harden now. Dude looks like a real player. And he doesn't even look all that undersized to me anymore watching him play. I love the way he drives to the basket, very all-star like. He clearly owned Beal last night and I think he has the most potential out of the three SGs (Lamb, Beal). Drafting him looks to be an excellent idea as the whole team doesn't have to rely on Irving all game long. Will give him much needed rest.