1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo working with Dirk's teacher

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dontfaulkup28, Feb 23, 2015.

1. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

2. Nook

Nook Member

Rondo is not going to magically learn to shoot at nearly 30. He also has many other issues with his game. His defense has slipped, he no longer finishes well around the rim and health issues are always a concern.

He has been a marginal improvement for the Mavs at best. Honestly the Mavs could have waited and used the assets from Rondo (1st) & what Wright was traded for (1st) to get Dragic.

3. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

O i wanted Dragic over Rondo 100% but the mindset was to get a defender because offense was not the problem. Dragic would of been a better fit by far but again they wanted defense to try to slow down the elite PGs and I guess they didnt view Dragic as one who could (though rondo cant really either all the time)

4. stab

stab Member

Good, build that confidence up. I hope he jacks up more shots. The more he shoots, the less the shots that Dirk, Ellis, Parsons get.

5. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

He takes them either way lol so I would like to at least see them go in......He thinks he is ellis with this pick and pop shots he takes.......So him shooting more isnt possible

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When he is healthy he is a monster. Remains to be seen If he can get those legs 100% before the playoffs.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Doesn't rondo have really large hands? If that's his issue, then it may not help much.

8. i3artow i3aller

Good luck with that one, Geschwindner. Übung macht den Meister.
    [​IMG]

9. SemisolidSnake

Send Dirk's teacher down I-45. He could have 12 clients immediately, all in the same place. How lucrative and convenient.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Didn't Jason Kidd drastically improve his shooting after spending some time with Dirk's coach? He was like 53 when that happened.

11. SunsRocketsfan

we need this guy to help out Beverly and Ariza