1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo quits

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mavs exec Donnie Nelson on Rajon Rondo deal: &quot;If we had to do it all over again, we definitely would.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/593493035968782336">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

lol, what an idiotic comment. "This trade totally blew up in our face and we got bounced 4-1 in the first round, but we'd definitely do it again!"

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

idiota

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Donnie Nelson says Rick Carlisle is &quot;our Jerry Sloan&quot; and &quot;can be in Dallas as long as he wants to be.&quot;</p>&mdash; Bryan Gutierrez (@BallinWithBryan) <a href="https://twitter.com/BallinWithBryan/status/593495316269174784">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nelson says that &quot;it's more challenging now&quot; with turnover and he believes this turnover could be the new norm.</p>&mdash; Bryan Gutierrez (@BallinWithBryan) <a href="https://twitter.com/BallinWithBryan/status/593493396133683202">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I know he received a second ring.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just to be clear on the playoff share thing, that's not an organizational decision. The players themselves vote on playoff shares, so Rondo not getting one is a reflection of how his teammates felt about him, not an organizational beef.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Even worse- it's not he completely quit, he played for 2 games- I just think that, no matter how unhappy they might have been about that, you just don't do that to a fellow NBAer- then again, maybe it's actually the best thing to do so other players don't pull that crap- I would say, give him a lesser share, but not zero.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Keep in mind that we don't know the whole story. All we know is what we saw on the court. There has to be a lot of baggage there for his teammates to do that.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Hey Nelson,

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rX7wtNOkuHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think the motivation was correct though. They were in a win-now mode. Maybe the exact trade they made was stupid, but I get where they are coming from. From a basketball fan standpoint, watching Dirk perform still at a high level and seeing his supporting cast crumble is sad. As a Rockets fan, I'm ecstatic that the experiment failed.

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I don't see how it's wrong in any way.... Rondo cost them a chance to go further and challenge for another title... I don't think they would have won, but he cost them a chance to at least try.

T_Man

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Really? If that's the teammates decision, then there must be some serious locker room problems. How could you piss off your teammates so much?

Looking back, Carlisle's comment that Rondo wouldn't return to the Mavs didn't sound so bad then. It's not just the problem between a player and the coach, but the whole team.

13. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

One dollar.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Would Parsons still have gotten a playoff share if he didn't play that first half of game 1?

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't think they can withhold a playoff share without a gripe like "suspended for actions detrimental to the team." Seems the Union will come in to defend him, if the FO doesn't have a reason. Or am I missing something...do the players control who gets shares?

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm pretty sure they do. That's why they can do it, players decision.

I could be wrong but that's what I always heard.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

From what I read the players didn't vote for Rondo to be excluded, rather they were presented a lousy without him and didn't complain.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

A list not lousy. Stupid auto-correct.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh, I'd say the Mavs were presented a lousy from their ownership group. Yes indeed.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Are dmo and bev recieving playoff shares ? Or are they inelligible because they have not played ?