1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo, lee, lawson, Williams and etc who and what do we need?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jun 18, 2015.

1. mockster

mockster Member

With all the trades popping off and free agency lingering what do the rockeys need to do to make a championship team?. With targets like love, loul Williams, Lamarcus alridge, rondo and eye in free agency and lee, ty Lawson and etc possibly up for grabs what should we be doing with our roster and who should we be going after.

I'm a fan of ty Lawson so it at least adds that ball handler that harden wanted even though his shooting isn't the greatest.

It's looking more and more likely we lose Beverly so it would fill the void. Lee seems expensive for an average number player and we already have three pfs.

Who do we need to trade/get rid of/resign and who do we need to pick up?

2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Resign everyone and bring over Lull. Boom

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Its still not enough.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's basically what the GARM is right now, a collection of threads discussing these topics.

5. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Sure it is.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Llull ain't ****e yet

7. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Jeremy Lin.

8. mockster

mockster Member

How do people feel about rondo?, to me going by last season and his attributes he wouldn't do much for us other then ball handling and defense. Think he would clash with harden to. I think adding a PG is main priority considering we could lose Bev and garden wanted another good ball handler. We could upgrade the PF spot but were not to bad in that category. We could always use back up SG/SF. We have corey brewer but he's also not a pure shooter but he fits good. A back up C could be useful, Capella played good but he's pretty under weight atm to contend with the likes of other big centers. Any thoughts?

9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I want Rondo or Ty Lawson or Conley... and I also want JR Smith. I think he'd be a great fit in our system.

10. mockster

mockster Member

Is Conley a free agent?, if not I don't see us getting him. Not a fan of jr smith but at this point he would fit the back up SG.

11. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

We should go all in for Delly

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No Rondo, no Delly guys. There are a lot of players out there besides the ones you've recently seen on tv.

13. craguin

craguin Member

Conley is not a free agent; under contract for 2015-16.

14. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

Lin probably wouldn't be that bad off the bench if he just came without the high expectations and crazy fans. And if he reduced his turnovers a little bit.

I really think if we just add one more playmaker to our team when we are healthy then we would have a team that could compete with GS. Yeah sure adding Llull to the team we had in the playoffs wouldn't make us that much better. But adding Llull and healthy versions of Dmo, bev, and jones to our 2015 playoff roster would make a pretty decent team. I'm convinced Jones hasn't been himself since his initial injury. He was beasting early on. Just my opinion.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, he's not. But....I'd love to see him become a Rocket...as he's STILL underrated....and would give us everything we need up top and more.

16. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Cut everyone but Harden, max Delly, join the Eastern Conference. We in the FINALS baby

17. DreamEarlNolan

Am I the only one who has watched Rondo the last few years and thinks that not only would he be a horrible fit with Houston, but that he is no longer an elite point guard? Not to mention the guy is also a locker room killer. I don't understand why I keep seeing his name pop up peoples wish list for the Rockets.

18. mockster

mockster Member

He's not on mine but he's Somone the consider nonetheless. N yes I agree he's fell off a bit but who knows he could bounce back with the right team and coach

19. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

So, no Lerbon?

20. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Why not post your ideas in trade thread?