1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ronald on after Laker game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Mar 12, 2009.

1. carmichael dave

Sometimes I tell you guys Ronnie will be on, and he can't make it for some reason....

On the flip side, sometimes he shows up when we least expect it.

Last night, in the middle of my show, who shows up on the guest line but good 'ol Billy Ron Artest, not too long after the Laker game.

Keep in mind, this was a spur of the moment interview, maybe 5 or so minutes, and we talk about a few things. I ask him about Scola, and especially T-Mac's issues, for a second.

The gem is when we talk about Kobe, and how they got in each other's faces. Ron gives us a little insight into the back and forth, and its both funny and illuminating.

Follow the link, and enjoy. Take care Houstons!

http://www.sports1140.com/Carmichael-Dave/1939975

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Much appreciated, thank you.

3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Sweet! Thanks Carmike!

4. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

sweet interview, thank you sir

5. carmichael dave

"When I die, I want to die a soldier. Sometimes I gotta wake up the beast. I wanted to wake up Kobe, and get his best shot.....I'm the biggest trash talker in the NBA right now. I told him all his shots were luck, and he's one of the worst players I've seen in my life" -Ron on going at it with Kobe

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I get that Ron sees himself as an ultra-competitor, and I respect that, but that was just stupid. You don't say those kind of things to a player like Kobe.

7. fallingwaters

fallingwaters Member

LOL! that was funny when he said all of kobe's shots were lucky! what a competitor with a good sense of humor...

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Thanks Dave!!

9. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

"we miss tracy, we cant really control what others say about him. But we are still going to win a championship without him"

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

My favorite quote from there.. We are winning the chip!

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Ron is just funny. I love the dude.

12. i3artow i3aller

I remember the interview Ron did with Kobe. He was awe struck. Ron was like a five year old meeting Santa. He was absolutely gushing that they were hanging out together, and spoke of Kobe dominating him in glowing terms. I mean the man was absolutely thrilled that Kobe destroyed him.

13. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

dave, you gotta move to houston man.

14. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

i'm completely confused about the plaudits ron is getting from you guys for his antics with kobe. the "zomg what a warrior!"; "wut a competitor!!"

it's not that i give a rat's ass about it waking up kobe or making him mad or anything like that. he likely would have gotten his anyways (though wouldn't have walked around with the swagger he did unless he had been goaded). it wasn't stupid in that sense.

it was stupid because he was so clearly overmatched. it's almost as if some of you here watch the game more for the showmanship than for the results. dude got his ass handed to him on a platter. and everyone knew it was coming. he isn't a tenth of the player kobe bryant is.

so for consistency's sake, will you have a similar response if kyle lowry tried to do the same thing against chris paul? because it's the same thing.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

someone should start a tipjar for that.

you have no idea what i'd do to get CD to replace the monsters of the midday

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I was going to post, but Thacabbage said it all for me.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i know right? i remember rafer did the same thing to chris paul last yr and tried to be aggressive and people hated him for it. lol.

we saw ron's bad side last night. the ron of the previous games is the one we need.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Did that thing sound like crap for anyone else? Lots of clicking, sounds like mr. roboto...and like i'm on a 28kps connection. :confused:

EDIT: Only sounds like crap when I click play.

I clicked download and it started playing, much better. :)

19. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

haha hilarious! Ron is truly a character.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why not? I'm sure Shane probably told him how great each of his jumpers looked after he hit him up for 50 IIRC, or a high 40 point game. Hell, maybe both. Or when he drilled the 3 in his face for the win in our last game.

I don't really see the difference...he kills you either way.