1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chamillionaire, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Chamillionaire

I haven't seen one, so if there is another one, please delete mods. thanks.

this guy plays hard both sides of the court, all game long. he deserves his props. he's shooting a less percentage his year that that of previous few but once he gets his touch, we'll have a better inside-outside game that probably suits yao the best. yao is unguardable when he catches the ball inside the paint, and artest is a decent perimeter shooter who can slash using this weight to outmuscle smaller defenders and also post up when necessary. he also plays with heart and tenacity.

he has played hard this year, yielded to mac when he was playing, now that he's hurt, it's really time for him to pick up his game. i mean, it's his contract year, he oughta be playing hard anyways. i hope we resign him, he seems durable and is build like a tank.

him and battier automatically makes us one of the best perimeter defense teams in the league, also with yao guarding the rim, makes it tougher to drive against.

ron's gotta pick up his game for the rest of the year.

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I think he's really going to shine with Tracy out now. His three point shot has been ridiculous the past few games.

3. uchlha

uchlha Member

as long as ron plays in the system then the skies the limit

4. Classic

Classic Member

To be honest, I like this team more with Artest, Battier and Brooks than I did with McGrady, Battier and Alston. Artest brings it everynight. He may not make his shots at an incredible clip but you can't question or deny that he plays with passion.

Brooks also helps Ron out. He is going to provide much better spacing for Artest than Alston would because you can't lay off Brooks. I think we win these next two games and Artest will prove why he was so revered before he got here.

5. i hate the mavs

i have confidence artest is really gonna bring some heat

6. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

He's definitely going to bring in a leadership and increased scoring role. He's going to be the one-two punch with Yao, while being able to run with the small guys at the same time.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I been saying this for a while, Yao Ming and Ron Artest as a 1-2 punch has been very successful this year. No knock on T-mac since him and Yao have played great last couple of seasons, but this year it just wasn't working. Yao and Artest have kept us competitive and I do feel this team will advance in the playoffs.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I was talking about this with a friend--if you read Battier's chat transcript today, he's not boring for once. He sounds genuinely happy, and when talking about Artest he has nothing but glowing words for him.

With Battier, you know that all he cares about is winning: he's a Dukie and has sacrificed his personal stats throughout his career for the sake of his team. It has to be off-putting for a guy like him to see someone with McGrady's talent not put in a comparable amount of time to prepare for the season and make the most of his abilities.

With Ron, no such problem exists. He's like a battering ram: he has the motor to beat down any obstacle, you just have to point him in the right direction (and not into the stands :p). In my mind Battier and Artest should be really compatible because they have nothing but the desire to win. The same work ethic exists in Yao. It must be a great situation to have that trio setting the example for everyone else. Other teams that are successful have such leaders, and in their cases they may be more vocal (like KG, Lebron, Kobe), but in our case for the first time we have something similar in Yao and Artest, two guys that will only leave the gym when you force them to.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Ron is the man.

I love the way he runs around with his arms up bumping into people like he doesn't know what's going on, getting arms tangled up, giving Gerald Wallace a bloody nose, knocking people down, as if he didn't notice. He's bulldozing all over the floor and acts like it's an accident, stumbling through the paint right to the basket. The man is a stud and I hope the Rockets manage to resign him. He is a true Rocket. I'd take him over T-Mac any day. Les Alexander, please resign Ron Artest!!!!

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Yeah, Ron's been good. His shot is beginning to fall and he's getting back to his career averages since he has been starting. The defense has been good as well since he has been getting major minutes. Looking forward to him matching up with Lebron on Thursday.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we can resign Ron, and get 1 more piece to add to this roster next year, We could be VERY SCARY. Hell, we are scary now....

Ron and Shane on opposite wings is just plain nasty...

12. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

The fate of this season is going to be determined by what Ron does in many ways. We need 20+ a night from him if we want any chance of making noise in the playoffs.

13. leungevity

leungevity Member

Yeah, he has been great for this team. Hope this trend continues! I also believe we can make some noise with the guys we have come playoff time. :D

14. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The Rockets have been playing some sick defense with Shane and Ron as starters. Their last four opponents all scored less than 90 points.

15. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Like Rafer, Ron appears to say all the correct things on behalf of the team, keeping it in the right direction; like Rafer, Ron always rises up in the face of challenges and responsibilities; like Rafer, Ron is from....... QUEEEENZBRIDGE

(Unlike Rafer, even Ron shoots better than 37%)

16. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Ron has to continue to play within the system. If he does, then we will definitely make noise in the playoffs.

On a side note: The Jazz are looking like a really scary team. For some reason, I feel like we will be seeing them in the first round again.

17. Chamillionaire

they really oughta let deke get more pt with the second unit, i mean he's 7'2 and has the 2nd most blocks in the history of the league.

would only improve us as a team, gives yao a chance to rest.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't appreciate Ron. But, I'm glad he's not sucking like he was in the first half of the season.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the "sucking" you must be referring to maybe because he was playing on an ankle the size of a softball. I appreciate Ron's EFFORT because he shows it EVERY game.

20. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Now that T-Mac is out its his time to shine and show ppl what he can do which he has been doing. His defense is always great and with Battier in presence makes the Rockets a good defensive minded team. I would like to see Ron Ron not shot as many 3's and maybe get easier looks, live by the 3 die by the 3........