1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roll Call: Who leaving their Rockets fandom and what team you moving to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jul 6, 2019.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Pretty much this.

macan likes this.
  2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I do think I know what he's getting at. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with the rockets direction, nothing wrong with disliking their moves, nothing wrong with questioning, and nothing wrong with making negative comments. This is all fine, you don't have to agree with everything they do. You don't have to be a Morey stan, it's your right as a fan to be critical of their moves or players when they don't have success.

The problem is when "fans" seem delighted to see the rockets fail, and seem to be actively rooting against their success. There's a clear distinction between these two groups. The only "feigned ignorance" is acting like these two groups are the same. Anyone who is a member of the latter group, get the **** out and find a new team.

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

No alternate teams here

rgw20014life and don grahamleone like this.
  4. GradyMcTracy

GradyMcTracy Member

5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Dunno man, just waiting for a team to pick up Joe Cheese or Jerry Lin. Really stoked for the upcoming WNBA season in the mean time. Die-hard Houston Comets fan here.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

UH Coogs

dc rock and GradyMcTracy like this.
  7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Very fair big man. And I agree with that. Not that it really bothers me but I just highly doubt thats how many people feel

Mr Chuck Norris and harold bingo like this.
  8. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I'm married to the Rockets. We spoke our vows inside the Lakewood Church which at the time was the Compaq Center. I don't/won't cheat. You can't tempt me with your Glamor, Lakers and your Morman, Jazz, and your hipster culture, Blazers, and your Liberalism, Knicks.

don grahamleone, jcf and Rocket River like this.
  9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Fify

Jk I know it’s cuz of ur cuz

topfive likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Admit it, RR. This thread is a shot across the bow of the “complainers.”

The guys and gals (not that I’m aware the latter - they tend to be some of our more intelligent members, IMO) who complained before the season began, complained during the season, complained at regular season’s end, complained during the playoffs, complained at the ignoble end of our run, complained leading up to the draft, complained during it, complained once free agents were available to sign, and have complained ever since. The ones who love to complain and never stop. Did I get that right? I won’t be insulted if I didn’t.

11. jowman

jowman Member

Definitely want to see rockets succeed. Not 100% percent sure that was OPs intention, but context matters. the sentiment of most of the blind followers seems to be if you think morey has been an overrated GM you are an idiot and should go find another team or you aren’t a true fan who stuck it out under the losing years.

Fans who tell you what you are and aren’t, and demand respect because they’ve been on the forum longer can go kick rocks

12. pass_to_Hakeem

It’s pretty much the consensus here. It’s why I don’t read comments after mine and fire back. I could , but why?? I leave MY comments now here.. then move on along. I have as much knowledge of basketball as anyone here. I’ve been hoopin since age 5- Div II.... but @ Clutchfans it’s not 1 negative word .... or your an outsider!!

13. jowman

jowman Member

“True rockets fans” need to get off their high horse. The most passionate theyve ever been is when they are complaining about the complainers.

This type of discussion is what makes the board interesting and keeps us coming back. What’s the point of having a forum of fans circlejerking each other and the team no matter what the team does. At least that’s my opinion

HakeemOnlyFan and BaselineFade like this.
  14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

1- Rockets
    2- my local library

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Been here since February of 2019....
    Telling us what makes this forum great.

Mr Chuck Norris, jcf and 34to11 like this.
  16. jowman

jowman Member

Lol that’s my opinion. Wasn’t aware I had to be on the forum for a certain number of hours to be allowed to have.

Y’all sure love making it personal when you can’t defend your argument

17. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I’m hopping on the okc thunder bandwagon. Now that Westbrook doesn’t have scrubs getting in his way, he will take over the league.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

IMO, they ought to GTFO, they are ruining this board because they take joy in misery. The Rockets could win the championship and they would still find a way to complaint. There is nothing constructive about their criticism, just a general hatred and trolling. The last couple years has seen their numbers increase. I'm tired of seeing this board filled with nothing but trolling posts, it has severely diminished the greatness of this site. I don't understand why admin doesn't go on a banning spree to thin out their numbers. If I was Clutch I would stomp them out of the board like the little roach infestation that they are.

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

There is no other team and never will be another team.

It blows my mind to see people say oh I root for this team too, or I love player/s X. F all that noise.

Edit: there are few people I feel can get away with liking more than one team, like @malakas who I absolutely have a ton of respect for.

Rockets all day, everyday, until I die.

#39 mikol13, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    beard4life, Smacktle, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The beautiful thing about being a fan is you can completely hate the moves your team does but still continue to root for the team.
    I'm going nowhere, but Tilman hasn't made a go for it move in his first 2 off-seasons yet, when we have the best player in the NBA.

xaos and HakeemOnlyFan like this.