1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roll Call for Astros Rangers series

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by texanskan, Jun 27, 2006.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Guys I know we are playing poor but if ya'll can truck it up for this series it's always fun to see your team play on the road (even though we will have equal fans friday and sunday and more fans there on Saturday)

I have made this trip every year and with the heat I suggest getting tickets with crown royal club access so you can keep cool.

BTW-we tailgate over by the little league field

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

biggest mistake ever was not putting a roof on that park. 2nd biggest mistake was building an urban looking park and sitting it out in the middle of nowhere.

3. Buck Turgidson

Hottest I've ever been in my life was at that stadium a few years ago.

And I agree...absolutely no idea why they built it where they did.

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Hicks should of put a roof on that dump instead of paying A-Rod all that money.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

remember during the all-star game there..and all the festivities before?

team trainers kept their players out of some of the competitions because it was so hot. first aid roamed the stands.

you completely eliminate a segment of your fanbase. older folks aren't going out there to deal with that heat. people will small children aren't going out there to deal with that heat. i was thinking about taking my older son up there to root on the 'stros. a cool father/son weekend trip. but the saturday game is a day game. a day game in july in arlington? no, thanks.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Going to Friday night's game - sitting up in nosebleed (section 324). Hopefully it will be fun!

7. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

i usually make all 3 games, i get the cheap $5-7 tickets and move down after the 3rd or 4th inning.... this year i got the sunday tickets....

nWo, i dont have tickets for friday yet, what section/seats are you in, i may try and head out there for that one too.

anyone else goin friday?

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm going...with my kids...I can't wait, but all they have is nose bleeds left for Friday night... :mad: Can't go saturday as its too hot in the open air...Beautiful on the outside, but man is it hot...

I'll be up there with you nWo...

9. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Quit stealing my lines! It's actually the Jose Cuervo Gold Club now. Crown Royal got smart and decided to cut their losses before they got deeper in debt at Ameriquest. Hottest was last year when it as 110 degrees before the Friday game. All the fat people were passed out in CF with oxygen masks on trying to survive the heat. It was a sight to see.

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

F Arlington. If I'm doing a road game, it's not there.

11. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I'll probably make the Sunday game...

12. rrj_gamz

I'll be there tonight...We're in I think 318 or 321...Either way, we're in the nosebleeds...I can't wait...

13. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Dallas sucks so bad that the baseball and football teams won't even play within the city limits. They must be anti AC in the Dallas area because they have a football stadium almost domed. My friend went to a Garth Brooks concert at Texas stadium in Septmeber once and said he nearly passed out from the heat.

14. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Actually, it looks like I'm going to the Saturday game instead. Got free tickets in the corporate box from the fiancee's work. :cool:

15. rodrick_98

for those going tonight, i'll be in 312.

just look for the loud drunks rooting for the astros.

16. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Multiple ex-Rangers have said that the reason for the Rangers fade every summer is the heat in that ballpark. But when I first saw that stadium, I loved it. It was my first clue that a new ballpark could be beautiful.

17. rodrick_98

the people of dallas just dont want to take on the extra taxes brought on from a new stadium... plus they're payin for the acc for the mavs/stars. i think they're still paying for reunion also :eek:

18. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Don't people in Dallas worship God? I'm sure they can turn Reunion Arena into a church.

19. rodrick_98

they would rather build their own -

[​IMG]

20. rrj_gamz

We were in 318, row 10...Were you the loud ones starting the wave?

There was some talent there tonight...The weather was pretty decent...All in all, a great game...