1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roky Ericson on ACL, Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dubious, Jan 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

There are enough geezer Houston rockers on this board that I may get this answered.

Yeah, Rocky was on ACL, :( . Billy Gibbons played back-up guitar! :eek:

But the dude in the purple shirt flat rocked. On they closing credits they only listed Rocky and one other guy on guitar. I don't think it was the guy in the purple shirt because there was another younger guitarplayer up there too so someone didn't get credit. I suspect that he might be David Holt (Storyville, did he lose his hair?)

Can you identify this badass guitar player?

[​IMG]

#1 Dubious, Jan 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

#2 Dubious, Jan 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  3. tomato

tomato Member

Whoa! I flipped by and saw this but didn't recognize the music or Roky. That's! Strange!

4. bigbadjon_e

bigbadjon_e Member

I can't believe I missed it. I had been looking forward to it but, I forgot all about it. I saw him perform at the Conroe crawfish festival and was blown away. Roky is looking really good these days.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You should have seen Roky and the Elevators back in the day, at Love Street. My favorite group at the time. I'm glad he's doing so well. :cool:

6. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I actually tuned in to see the Kings of Leon, and they were already done. I thought the Roky show was good, though.

7. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

THat guitar player was GREAT.

8. bigbadjon_e

bigbadjon_e Member

I just remembered my dvr records all episodes of ACL. I can't wait to watch it. Roky is one of my favorites.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I thought this was a thread about someone injuring their knee. :eek:

10. Bigpetelikeiron

I saw Roky at the crawfish festival and he was still just flat out amazing! Roky rules all the schools!

11. bigbadjon_e

bigbadjon_e Member

That was an amazing performance. I was happy to see he had a big crowd. He had a decent crowd at the crawfish festival but, I was embarassed by the turnout when they said his concerts were selling out in Europe. His crowds in Texas should be huge.