1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rodney White?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan85, Apr 14, 2004.

Tags:
  1. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

You think he would be a good pick up for the Rockets? He is going to be a FA and has played well since coming into the league. All he needs is minutes. He has size 6-9 230, is same age as Yao, and shots a high % on his shots and free throws. If he Rockets signed him do you think he would be a good pick up?

2. Sane

Sane Member

Would love to have him come off the bench behind JJ and eventually start.

He's got very good size and is athletic.

I'd be a bit worried about his attitude, but he's kept quiet lately and just done what he's been told.

His shooting seems to have improved judging by his stats, and he's been great in limited minutes. I'm surprised he's shot 38.8%, although he's only taken 1.2 3pter's per game. His rebounding per minute is decent, although it's not JJ-like.

IMO, he's be a great pickup if we could get him for slightly below the MLE. Something like 4 years and 20M, with the contract starting off around 4M.

I wonder if the Nuggets would allow him to leave for that kind of money, they'd probably match it. They wouldn't sign n trade him to a rival either.

It's a good idea, someone who could develop into a very good piece, and he's still young.

3. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Denver didn't exercise White's forth year, so he is a free agent now. Denver can't just go out and match his offer anymore.

4. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

It sounds like a terrific move, I would love to see the guy come to Houston. I've actually been looking at him for a couple of years now, we badly need this kind of athlete at the 3, it would do wonders for us I think. It's not that I don't think that JJ is phenomenol, but this guy would give us some depth.

5. Sane

Sane Member

Is this true? Are you absolutely suer he's unrestricted and Denver can't match?

If so, we should go after him with the MLE. Great piece to add to this team, will learn from JJ hopefully, and become a long-term starter for this team with some polishing.

6. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

With his size he could also play some power forward too. I remember when the Wizards had the #1 draft pick, MJ thought about drafting him saying he was the best talent in the draft.

7. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

On a Denver board that is what the Nugget fans where saying.

8. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

hmmz perhaps perhaps.

9. cson

cson Contributing Member

Where did this guy come from? Why do I know his name? He played well in the game Friday and the dunk on Yao was INSANE!

10. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

11. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I would love White. He's a nice offensive weapon and with Ming in the block and him spotting up for threes, I get very comfortable.
    Good player acquisition idea, by the way--I feel like I need to say that after the hundred bad threads with the same garbage.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

What would he give us that Boki wouldn't give us given the minutes?

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nothing.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Exactly. :)

If he hadn't have just had a good game, which any NBA player is capable of, especially against the Rockets, there'd be no thread about this player.