1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RODMAN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AT, Dec 10, 1999.

1. AT

AT Member

Unless we are trying to lose, which I concede may be the best strategy right now, why don't we sign D. Rodman? He can't sign for more than the minimum wherever he goes, and his options are slim... I don't know that Hambone isn't teaching our young guys worse habits than WORM would... I know everyone is going to say D. Rod will be a bad influence but I think the sloth and lack of enthusiasm T. Hamilton exudes is perhaps even worse! D. Rod would work his arse off and get more boards than Charles would have and get out of the way of the offense once Hakeem returns. Seems like a cheap fix to me...

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

IWM did this same type of thread the other day.
    Why are we repeating ourselves?

Mango

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited December 10, 1999).]

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Why is it that the Rockets either have to "try to lose" or be a contender? What is wrong with slowly developing a young up and coming nucleus, free of distractions, and building them up as a team?

I think Rudy is doing a good job of late, and I can guarantee you he won't do something like signing Rodman.

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

We don't need Rodman. He is nothing but a disease.

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Since rodman was KICKED OFF the laker's he's done nothing but party in Vegas.What in the world would make anyone think he could still play at an NBA level.