1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

rocketsfan34 how many draft picks do we have in the 1st round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brahma rocket, Feb 27, 2000.

1. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

for this years draft.

------------------
    johnny "red" kerr:i'm glad the bulls did'nt draft steve francis.

dan roan: why!!!!!

johnny red kerr:because he would forever be compared to michael jordan.

2. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

We have the chance to get up to 3 picks. Not that I'm saying we will get 3 picks but we have a chance to get 3 first rounders. Right now we only have one pick which is the Rockets 1st

Our 3 possible picks:

1. Well we have our own pick for sure.

2. Detriot has to give us one in the next 2 years i think(mirsad trade). Depends if they get into playoffs. If they do, CHANCES ARE, not exact, they might give us the pick.

3. Orlando will give us one in the next 3 years(Francis trade). I really don't know when they will give it to us.

3. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Look at it this way, we will know by May 21 how many picks we will get. Until then, have patience! Its a virtue.

------------------
    The Mall Kid is Back!

Visit Draft Source, the number #1 source for Houston Rockets draft info.

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I read somewhere that the Pistons were getting tired of Hill's reluctance to announce whether or not he would opt out of his contract.

Assuming he decided to leave (or the Pistons feel right now that he will) what is more rational for the Pistons:

a) assume they'll suck for the next 2 or 3 years, so give us the pick now or...

b) be afraid of the skill drain and look for refuge this year.

I think it's somewhere in the middle. It depends on the depth of the immediate draft (have kids declared before the deadline to pay past debts arises?).

More importantly, does anyone know the number of picks that the Pistons are due this year?

5. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

someone told me that if we get two lottery picks that will have to give one automatically to the grizzlies , is this true?