1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets would have lost to the Bucks anyway

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 10, 2019.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I have no doubt in my mind that even if we were to have mustered up a way to beat GS in 7, and then take on a matchup advantage in the Nuggets to get to the Finals, that we would have been beaten by the Bucks.

Bucks are loaded, they can shoot and defend, and unlike the Warriors, we were not built specifically to beat them.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets would of lost to Denver or Portland. What does this even mean. They couldn’t even beat a kd less/no boogie warriors.

They got beat by 2nd and 3rd stringers and this team was fully healthy lol

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Who knows and who cares. We didn't even make out of the 2nd round Western. We are irrelevant at this point and dont get to say that.

lw17 and napalm06 like this.
  4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

If the Warriors play the Bucks in the finals, Milwaukee may win one game at the most.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bucks making the Finals would be a great achievement, they lack experience but the future belongs to them.

So I think maybe not this year but surely in a couple of years.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Well they couldn't beat Klay & their G-League guys. :D
    And still had to get past Portland or Denver
    But it would have been total Rockets to finally get past Golden State, only to lose in the Finals

lw17 likes this.
  7. defyoppression

I am sure we would have done poorly against the bucks. But the rockets weren’t built to beat the bucks. It has always been the warriors, which is why losing tonight is not only disappointing but also makes you feel like a fool for trusting this team in the first place.

dcfma, lw17 and TheRealist137 like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean, sure...

I just wanted to eliminate the Warriors this one time...banish them to the shadowrealm and send KD and Klay off running.

dcfma and lw17 like this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That's not relevant though. Rockets entire personnel was to exploit the Warriors. They matchup with the Warriors better than any team, that's by design. Against other teams the Rockets don't have that advantage.

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

No, they lost to Steph and Klay and Iggy and Draymond. The second and third stringers just played competently enough not to blow it.

It sucks to lose, but we shouldn’t pretend the Rockets are more talented than the Warriors, even without KD. The Warriors core that played tonight was the same core that won a title, an NBA record 73 games, and came within one game of winning a repeat championship. They are good. Better than the Rockets (right now).

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was about to say they probably face Jamal Murray/Jokic and Dame/McCollum after a potential Gm 6 win........ so long.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The Rockets taught us an important basketball lesson that many people learn in middle school basketball.

There's no limit to what a team can do - when they are the other team and you don't box out.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh please. Those 2nd 3rd stringers even playing should of never given a fully healthy rockets any trouble. It’s pathetic.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Milwaukee and Golden State in the finals could be a good series and a fun one to watch.

daywalker02 and Patience like this.
  15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Better than last year at least.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yup. this team did not have enough talent to win this year.

we knew that since the offseason when we let ariza go and didn't replace him.

we knew when our major offseason acquisitions were all garbage vet minimum guys.

we knew when our deadline moves were to save money instead of bring in talent needed to compete.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean I agree with this and actually think it's an underrated point. The Rockets are built to contest the Warriors but other teams have passed us by and there's a real danger that more will. The reason? Our roster full of mediocrity.

We don't have enough good players, not enough good shooters, not enough versatility.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Said it in the thread.

GSW had their one shining moment. Hearing their reactions, they act like they won the chip tonight.

I kept saying this over and over leading up to this game. This was their win one for the gipper one shining moment and they played like it.

If NCAA 12 seeds can upset more talented teams then of course this can happen. We see how. All they needed to do was win one game. If we win this game we win in Oracle, no doubt in my mind, they put everything in winning this game to prove a point and the Rockets approached it like a regular season game.

napalm06 likes this.
  19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you are on crack. the bucks can make them work more than any other team.

justtxyank likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Points to coaching. I'm taking a break from investing so much time into this team. It's not worth my time. They live up to every critic's take on them