1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS WON GAME 6!! PROOF!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by howardsucks, May 6, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

content not found

3. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

4. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

let it go bruhhh

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Doesn't matter, he would've gotten the shot off in less than .9 seconds even if they'd started the clock exactly when he caught it.

And you do have to allow for human reaction time in starting the clock. You can magnify it by slowing down the video, but it real time it wasn't that much. And definitely not enough to ultimately impact the play. There's no way Lillard had the ball for a full second before he released it. It was a good shot. We lost.

This wasn't "Utah".
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B0YoXt-mnug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#5 Cannonball, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
  6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

but forreal tho, i can barely pick up a pencil and put it to paper under 1 second, how does a guy catch a ball, take a couple of steps, jump and rise up with the ball under 0.9 even if the clock does get started on time?

7. coffeelover665

he caught the ball, pivot, go into shooting motion THEN the clock started. And when the clock did tick, he took .5 sec before it left his hand. Tell me he caught the ball then pivot in .4 sec.

And I understand human reflexes and wouldn't care but this was a situation where time is extremely important but the clock was delayed when it shouldn't be because surprised the guy working there is part of the Blazers.

I can tell you he purposely waited. And you know what I can't blame him. I'd do the same if I can help my team win. But its on tape and was pointed out.

8. coffeelover665

And it took me .102 sec to start and stop the stopwatch. divide that by 2 and it means it would've taken me .051 sec to start the clock.

9. coffeelover665

nm .102 sec to start the clock I don't know what I'm smoking.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Mehh I'm over it.

11. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

The clock wasn't the big deal.

The main factors were Lillard being so wide open/unguarded. The inbounds passer was unguarded and the pass uncontested. The shot was uncontested, and he made it.

12. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Stop being a sore loser. The clock keeper didn't cheat.

13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I started a thread on the clock starting late too, and so did another poster. I ended up timing it myself (which is something i should have done from the start, my bad!) from the time he caught the ball to the time it was out of his hands - i got times in between 0.48 and 0.72. And i timed it about 10 times and the highest time i got was 0.72.

Time to let it go...

14. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

sports science did a segment where they showed that a player could actually shoot a ball in just under 0.2 seconds (from catching to release)

15. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My question would be, did the lights on the backboard start to come on, remember against Miami they took away a J. Lin 3 because the lights started to come on and it was still against his fingertips

16. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Fixed....:cool:

17. treeman

treeman Member

OP, there are three problems with this thread. 1) Your thread title is incorrect, 2) "This content is currently unavailable", and 3) your screen name sucks.

One star thread.

18. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

900ms is actually quite a long time. But if it was 850ms and not actually >900ms, that could have made a difference. I think the shot clock should include hundredths for that reason. There's a ±100ms difference by rounding to the tenth.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I went to the facebook page to check out Kelly.....

20. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

Great post, like I have said before the NBA is rigged! Just like watching wrastling. The whole series was like this sh**!

Keep sharing and keep writing the NBA, they are so quick to bring the hammer down on anyone and everyone, but now they should be the ones being looked at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.