1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets winning percentage with T.Mac and Yao both on the court

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T.MAC, Apr 13, 2017.

1. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

While ago I saw a post asking for Rockets winning percentage when T.Mac and Yao were both on the court.
    it made me curious to know it so I decided to find it and here it is!

[​IMG]

2004-05
    49 wins , 28 losses
    63.63%
    ====================================
    2005-06
    21 wins , 10 losses
    67.74%
    2006-07
    30 wins , 11 losses
    73.17%
    2007-08
    28 wins , 12 losses
    70%
    2008-09
    19 wins , 13 losses
    59.37%
    147 wins 74 losses
    66.52%
    *It's just regular season

maybe there is a couple of mistake maybe not I don't know I tried my best

#1 T.MAC, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    heypartner likes this.
  2. Caesar

Caesar Member

We know they were hard to beat when both healthy. I love Yao, but the loss to the Jazz in game 7 is on him. The Mavs series, we just didn't have enough talent.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

So T-Mac and Yao together are about as good as this year's team with just Harden. I wish Morey was the GM during the healthy years. Those early rosters were a mess. Excluding the guy on my avatar of course. Ryan Bowen is a treasure.

Caesar likes this.
  4. OTMax

OTMax Member

That's rather ow, I would've sworn it was more!! Guess that's why the closest we came to a championship was in 2009 with Artest rather than T-Mac on the court. Hindsight is nice, and while we won 22 games in 07-08 and some players can say they felt like they could compete for a championship, o way we were contenders. We played amazing defense, but it was not sustainable and our role players were too up and down. We relied on the likes of Hayes, Harris, Head, Battier & Bobby Jackson to produce on a regular basis. That 04-05 team though, nobody knows what could've happened if we hadn't choked. Yes the refs had an impact, but that game 7 was just awful. 2007 was just unfortunate..that roster was horrible.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

But Yao nvr really got to hit his prime with Mcgrady.... oh how I loved those teams.

6. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

Bowen was amazing :)) he is the only guy in nba history with 100 percent field goal and free throw percent in a season in his last season , unfortunately he played just one game

7. hakeemthagreat

JVG was not the coach for Yao & Tmac. I honestly believe those years were wasted. If both had stayed healthy during the Adelman years, I 100% know we win atleast one championship

8. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I use to get so irritated with how in love this franchise has become with undersized players from David Wesley, Carl Landry, Chuck Hayes, Luther Head, Joey Dorsey, up until Motrezl Harrell. Now I'm just expecting every year for them to draft a 6' F or a 6'5 C and it wouldn't surprise me

9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I often wonder what could've been if Morey got his hands on these two playing together from the beginning. They never had much of a roster on them. I blame the Utah game 7 on TMac. He was being singled guarded all series by the likes of harping, and fisher at times and couldn't take advantage. I remember AK47 crying after 2-0 and then the series changed. We blew two 2-0 series during that era