1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS...WINNING 55 GAMES???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperS32, Aug 2, 2000.

1. AxSomebody

AxSomebody Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA.......
    a better question would be how can't you? [​IMG]

------------------

2. steviefranchise

HOUMEDMAN25??????

Not to call you out or anything but your post is very excititing. I was wondering where you are getting all of this info? Obiously your username might reveal this answer but it also may mean nothing.

If you are a legit source I know that you won't be able to tell us to much more about it until it goes down but any more info is always great (ie. position, age)

Thanks

------------------

3. davo

davo Contributing Member

Hmmmm, this is interesting.

2000/2001 Salaries
    Thomas: $ 921,600
    Langhi: $ 316,969
    Drew: $ 124,880
    Williams $4,850,000
    Anderson $2,200,000
    Total: $8,413,449
    +TradeEx $4,500,000
    = $12,913,449

Rasheed Wallace: $ 13,000,000

Coincidence?

------------------
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You would have to take Langhi out of there because we know he cant legally be traded until after December 15th (are they allowed to do player to be named later stuff). But it still would work under the 15% rule--is taht the %? ALso, some more scrubs are usually included in deals like this. Of course, Portland doesnt really have any scrubs though.

------------------
    Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women!

[This message has been edited by JayZ750 (edited August 02, 2000).]

5. houmedman25

houmedman25 Member

Thanks, Steviefranchise. I will do my best to post any additional info as I am privy to it. I will not post something that does not seem 100% bona-fide reality, but as things are now, there is reason to be excited. But, as you know this is a business. Deals are not made until the final black ink is laid on paper and on the line...know what I mean?

------------------
    And tonight...From the Bank United Center...Your Houston Rockets and Miami Heat in Game 1 of the 2004 NBA Finals!!!!!

6. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

I thought Drew was getting paid at least 1 mill and Walt was in the 5 mill range.Am I wrong?

If you take out langhi and Anderson and include the 1+ mill that Drew is making than we got a deal.

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust

7. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

4 Words:
    IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!

------------------
    Kobe would be nothing without Shaq.

8. AxSomebody

AxSomebody Contributing Member

LiLStevie....
    THANK YOU!!!! My point exactly!!

[​IMG]

------------------

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I sense a lot of lying going on around here.

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Posting in appropriate forums Sucks!
    2. Grammar and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Duplicate threads are really FUN!
    4. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Eat MANGOES & Have FUN or be Assimilated.

10. Bigdee2898

Bigdee2898 Member

not saying i beleive this trade,but I do remember reading that blazers management was very unhappy with wallace antics on the court
    and his attitude sometimes and that he was not untouchable in a trade,i think it was on bskball.com.remeber guys they still have O'neal and if they swing that deal for kemp.
    very interesting....maybe we could get O'neal

------------------
    Eddie for three...yesssssssssssss..holy mother

11. Gideon

Gideon Member

Not a chance on this deal.
    1. Giving up too many players.
    2. Too soon to trade draftees.
    3. Why would the Blazers want Walt back after they traded him. They already have Pip, Schrempf, and Augmon at SF. They wouldn't need Langhi or Walt.
    4. Wallace is one of their best players.
    5. Leaves nobody to play the SF for us. We would have Los and Bull, neither worthy of starting. Shandon isn't a SF, too short, plus that deal would have him possibly leaving too.
    6. No way Anderson goes anywhere.
    7. When was the last time you heard of Les blabbing his trade secrets out to his Nephew and friends. Great team ownership doesn't work that way.

------------------
    He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

12. houmedman25

houmedman25 Member

Thank you, Gideon. Les would never just casually say anything like what has been posted originally on this thread. Les, CD and Rudy have something beng worked up that they have no intention of being leaked. When things get "leaked", they have a way of falling through. Things will fall into place in the coming weeks. Les has always consistently been a let's win now kind of guy , no matter what the outcome has been. Drexler, Barkley, Pippen, Francis. He is a business man in every sense. That is my last post on this as I am not worried about whether Wallace will wind up here or not. He will NOT more than likely, but what we will get will be better for the Rockets team itself.

------------------
    And tonight...From the Bank United Center...Your Houston Rockets and Miami Heat in Game 1 of the 2004 NBA Finals!!!!!

13. davo

davo Contributing Member

Oops,

Sorry Dennis, my mistake. Here I am trying to be smart and I make a maths error. I left the 1 off the start of Drews Contract.

The correct number should read:-

Thomas $ 921,600
    Langhi $ 316,969
    Drew $ 1,124,880
    Williams $ 4,850,000
    Anderson $ 2,200,000
    Total: 9,413,449

Throw in about $3,600,000 of the trade credit and bingo, the numbers match. Actually, what this serves to highlight is why Anderson may be quoted as being a "maybe" Take him out of the equation and the player salaries would total $7,213,449. Add back in the $4,500,000 trade credit then gives you $11,713,500, multiply by 1.15 (as is allowed when matching player salaries for trade purposes) and guess what, the total is $13,470,500.

That could explain why Shandon was listed as "maybe".

Whoever coined this trade proposal, no matter how absurd some of you think it is, put some thought and research into it.

I'm not sure whether Langhi could be traded - The Salary Cap FAQ specifically states that A player cannot be traded until three months after signing a contract or December 15th of that season, however that is in reference to a Free Agent that has just been signed (Q 67). Not sure if that refers to Rookies as well.

------------------
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Just thought i would put this trade proposal in perspective with a story from my past....

I went hunting Kangaroos with my Dad and my uncle Cory, it was getting rather late in the arvo and we were yet to shoot any of those roos and then all of a sudden we were chased by some dingoes and had to hide in a cave and to my surprise Charles Barkley was there, we talked, he said he loves outback Australia and loves drinking lots of Fosters, I said that he was my hero and I wished he would play again, he said thanks for the encouragement and cause of fans like me, he might try a comeback

------------------
    Stuff BBS, the Rockets and you guys

It's all Clippers these days, come join the bandwagon and visit

http://www.ClippersCity.net

15. New Jack

New Jack Member

I wonder if Portland would be interested in trading Wallace for Cato, a few of the draft picks owed to us, the trade exception, and a couple of other players to make the deal work salary cap wise.

I think the only thing that kept the blazers from being world champs is a center that could at least contain Shaq. And after all the trade rumors of Grant for Kemp and Jermaine O'Neal for Marcus Fizer, Wallace might be expendable.

------------------
    You ain't gotta like me, you just mad cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be.

16. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Now I am curious. Who would be better than Wallace? My top 5 nba players are Shaq, Webber, Duncan, Wallace And Kobe (Francis will be better by season end ) but for now Kobe. You may not like Rasheeds temper and antics but he is clearly one of the most unstoppable players on the court after Shaq.

The consensus seems to be the Rockets could use a dominant power forward more than any other spot... So if it's not Rasheed than who else could be better... All I can think of is Webber. If that Happened yes I would be majorly surprised and ecstatic. We would be instant contenders for the title. Here's to the 2001 NBA Champs!

------------------

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Smeg,
    did he like XXXX as well??

------------------

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

OldMan,
    you don't think you're a little overexcited with Wallace's form?? I know he played DAMN well in the conference finals against the Lakers and I know he's a tough matchup, but top 5? Remember that he was made to look good by the tandem of AC Green/Robert Horry with their blanketing defensive abilities....

------------------

19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Old Man Rock-No Garnett sighting in your top 5? Or Zo?

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

20. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I think the rox may win about 40 something games this season... 55 probably would be pushing it but sure would be very nice.

my Top 5..
    Shak
    K.Garnett
    Zo
    Kobe
    and last but not least .. Iverson

------------------
    When I die I want to go right after watching a rockets game !