1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS...WINNING 55 GAMES???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperS32, Aug 2, 2000.

1. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

"I guarantee you that the Deal will be done before this Saturday. I went to Alexanders house to chill with his nephew. He told us both that the rockets will trade Wallace for Thomas, Langhi, Drew, Williams, and possibly Anderson. Plus two draft picks and cash. how much he would not say. Today Francis and Alexander went to Portland. And Rasheed happens to be buying a house in The River Oaks area of Houston. This deal is done. I guarentee it.

C- Olajuwon
    PF- Wallace
    SF- This spot is for grabs by the player the Rockets invited to the Revue called Joe Stephens
    SG- Mobley
    PG- Francis

This deal is Done. This team will win about 55 games. Any questions?"

I got this IM from a friend of mine. Im not so sure i belive it, but wouldn't it be nice?His dad knows Les Alexander

------------------
    "There are two rules for success... 1) Never tell everything you know."

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

That is alot to give up. Not sure I would do this deal.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

3. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

I love the thought of that but why would Portland trade Wallace if they are trying to get rid of Grant?

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust

4. Gascon

Gascon Member

Sorry, don't buy it. Would be cool, but I don't buy it.

------------------
    "I'll take a Dream Shake for two, please."

5. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Bullsh@#t
    Wake up and quite making up Sh@T!

------------------
    "Instinctly u recognize things,now take advantage of what u just recognized!".. Hakeem..

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

That's not an IM. That's just a message posted by a lurker on the Rockets ESPN message board making up BS. Don't believe it for a second guys. And also, Langhi could not be traded until December 15, even if we wanted to deal him.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi?

Draftsource.net

7. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

The Blazers could re-sign Grant if this was the case, since Grant only opt-ed out for more money and a larger role on the team.

True or not, it's fun to think about.

------------------
    Bad spellers of the world: UNTIE!

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

add to the question: Why in the World would Portland take on so many players that will be on the end of their bench?

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Full moon and full of ****.

[​IMG]

------------------
    "I've been licking this carpet for hours and I still don't feel like a lesbian!"

10. houmedman25

houmedman25 Member

Still a virtual virgin here but I will say that something along those general lines is and will continue to be in the works for the next 3 weeks. My friends, something good is coming to the franchise and the city, and it will be delivered by way of Les.

------------------
    And tonight...From the Bank United Center...Your Houston Rockets and Miami Heat in Game 1 of the 2004 NBA Finals!!!!!

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Well, the Blazers are looking to bring in Shawn Kemp in a sign and trade with Cleveland aren't they? Though I'm very skeptical of this Wallace deal, it doesn't seem to be completley irrational.

------------------
    Ugh, Another Rockets off-season....I'm gonna need a keg
    of Pepto-Bismol.

[This message has been edited by AstroRocket (edited August 02, 2000).]

13. houmedman25

houmedman25 Member

LOL....exactly, that's why i say that this will not go down as stated EXACTLY, but Les does have intentions of bringing in another piece to the unfinished puzzle. We must all be patient though. The fat lady has not sung, but the fat man in Chicago has.

------------------
    And tonight...From the Bank United Center...Your Houston Rockets and Miami Heat in Game 1 of the 2004 NBA Finals!!!!!

14. RocketExpert

RocketExpert Member

The Cat got it right- the deal is IMPOSSIBLE.

------------------

15. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since when was Jabba the Krause a man? [​IMG]

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

16. Colby

Colby Member

If Portland is really trading Grant for Kemp, then a deal sorta like this would work. Langhi can't be traded till dec 15. Williams, Drew, KT, 1st round for Wallace? The Rocks won't trade Anderson and I don't see Portland going for that Package. Maybe throw in the exception?

Nice speculation, but that at best.

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

17. houmedman25

houmedman25 Member

I don't think any of us will be losing sleep over this because it is not the likely scenario that will come to fruition. At the same time, what Les and the front office have in store is MUCH better for the team in many aspects. Speculation and all is good for conversation and such, but we will not be privy to a deal until it actually happens. Having said that, just be patient,please. Everyone will not be happy with what will be coming down in the next few weeks, but most will be pleased, IMHO. Of course, there are always those who will look for anything to criticize our team. Les and the front office will deliver this year(doesn't necessarily mean an instant trip to finals....but who expects that honestly anyway?) Will be a BIG bonus if it were to happen though.

------------------

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What does Paul Allen need an exception for??

It is pretty funny how the guy was all like.."my friend Im'd e this just now" when he just stole it off the espn message board. HAHA

------------------
    Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women!

19. AxSomebody

AxSomebody Contributing Member

This deal doesn't make much sense to the Rockets (we have a committment to Shandon for one thing after signing him to a small contract with promise for more money in the future) and it makes even less sense for the Blazers.
    No team is dumb enough to give up arguably their best player in Wallace for an unproven Langhi, an unproven KT, a Walt (who demanded a trade FROM Portland before the Pippen trade because of playing time, or lack thereof), an inconsistent, offensive-minded shooting guard in a point guard's body (Bryce Drew) and possibly another shooting guard (Shandon Anderson) when they already have Steve Smith AND Bonzi Wells.
    Come on people.......let's not be dumb here...this scenario is about as likely as us trading Steve Francis for Muggsy Bogues.....
    [​IMG]

------------------

20. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I have nothing important to add to this ludicrous post, but as promised, I'm going to add a senseless two cents because I've promised Bob and Achebe that I'd work toward 4 digit posts...

Ummm... I think it's a done deal... How can you argue with concrete, irrefutable logic like that? [​IMG]

------------------
    WEBMASTER of SaveOurCuttino.Com

"There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -