1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Win!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Oct 18, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Being on the East Coast is a new experience for me, and completely sucks ass. I was up until 2 AM last night and now I am dragging ass. Dedication...

Lawlruschang and alethios like this.
  2. alethios

alethios Member

I was ready to accept the outcome last night that everyone else in the media would have us believe, and frankly, after the Stros lost, I was not at all optimistic. I said I needed a pick me up and the Rockets delivered big time! I am super excited for this team. WOW!!!:D

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. rockets13champs

Lets keep it up I want us to improve as the season progresses

Reeko likes this.
  4. Space City

Space City Member

For some perspective:
    Prior to last night, the Warriors were 75-7 at home over the past two seasons. That clocks in at a win pct of 91.5%.

For those trying to blame it on Warriors' banner night jitters, I looked at opening night games for the past 60 NBA champions. In the past ten years (again, prior to last night), only one team -- the 2011 Mavs -- lost their first game of the season. A total of nine defending champion teams have lost their opening games in the past 60 years. Those teams are:

'11 Mavs
    '06 Heat
    '02 Lakers
    '98 Bulls
    '97 Bulls
    '82 Lakers
    '79 Supersonics
    '74 Celtics
    '69 Celtics

Of those teams, only two went to the finals that following year ('83 Lakers and '98 Bulls) and only that '98 Bulls team repeated as Champions, compared to the 19 total teams to repeat as champions over that span.

Good win last night guys. Take some time to enjoy it and let's be ready to face the Kings tonight.

5. jayfree

jayfree Member

You quoted the wrong post. I was stating so what if Green was out. You must have read the original post I was responding to as my reply.