1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets will sign Brandan Wright

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Feb 9, 2018.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

The real question is how will this guy perform in playoffs with potentially big minutes?

Not to be morbid but I dont see nene/capela making it the whole way. Our team goes from elite to terible without capela / nene.

So this 3rd stringer might be the final key to it all. Not sure how to incorporate johnson except as an extra bit of scoring to ariza gerald green..

But the 3 keys are capela nene and now wright.

For us to win harden needs to be harden and paul needs to be paul. For us to win it all we need capela and nene to stay healthy. If not we need this wright guy to be our savior.

We will get the 2 games a series where green ariza anderson gordon step up individually.That is the hallmark of a championship team too. The step it up role players.

But it in many weird weird ways comes down to our 3rd string center we just signed today!

We' ll see ..fingers crossed

DonKnock, bj3175, da_juice and 2 others like this.
  2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

WOW. always like BR. and always wanted him

but now he is a even better get because he fits PERFECTLY with our team.+

Cant wait!

PeterKingX likes this.
  3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You can never have enough big men who are suitable (PnR) for this team.

Wright is the insurance that all auto owners need, just in case.

D-rock and bilaal14 like this.
  4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Another ballscientist1 revelation! Your contribution to this board is similar to Einstein’s contributions to physics. Thank you for the truly esoteric insights.

5. H-Town Rockets Guy

Much needed signing in my opinion. I was disappointed that we didn't addressed the need for a Back up Center at the deadline. Brandon Wright will be a welcome addition to our team. He is athletic, can block shots, and play pick and roll with Harden/CP3. He is only 6' 9" but has a pretty big wingspan to alter shots and catch lobs. I just hope D'Antoni extends his rotation about 10 to 12 players deep. Morey did great magic since this last offseason to address our depth and we very well have the deepest team in the NBA now. Considering we gave up half of our team from last year for CP3, we recovered well and have a bench better than last year.

CP3/Gordon/Markel Brown
    Harden/Green
    Ariza/Luc/Joe Johnson/Troy Williams
    Ryno/Tucker/Black/Zhou Qi
    Capela/Wright/Nene
    Black maybe waived to make room for the buyout players (Joe Johnson/Brandon Wright)

Go Rockets!!!!

Looks like the Warriors are going after Marco Belinelli after his buyout from Atlanta. This will be a fun playoffs to watch for sure. I hope Warriors play Okc Thunder before we play them. Just want to see an OKC vs GS matchup in this playoffs.

#245 H-Town Rockets Guy, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    bilaal14 and mockster like this.
  6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

7. cebu

cebu Member

I hope he's not another Stromile Swift.

8. rockets13champs

I love u bro!

DonKnock likes this.
  9. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Great insurance plan for Capela

D-rock likes this.
  10. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Did you know that men are believed to have external testicles because high temperatures may result in reduced sperm production? Lots of other mammals (like elephants) have internal testicles near their kidneys! Now there's some ball science, folks.

Also, 你他妈滚回金州 thx

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

BHannes2BHonest and bilaal14 like this.
  14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Stromile was signed for the MLE, different expectations here

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Cutting Black makes no sense at all. Wright is very injury prone. He has played only 67 games in the past 3 seasons combined. You cannot rely him to be the primary backup to Capela/Nene. Black is still a serviceable center and can be an insurance against injuries. The guaranteed amounts in Troy Williams/Onuaku's contracts are less than 1M which doesn't really matter since we don't have cap room next summer anyway.

saleem and Exiled like this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ben Dubose podcast quote from David Locke:

"In Wright you're getting a guy that a few years ago was one of the most analytically underrated players in the NBA. However, I don't see anyone other than Nene getting those minutes in the playoffs. Maybe you toss Wright out there a couple of times in the regular season to see what you got, but I don't think you play anyone other than Nene in the playoffs."

bulkatron, RudyTBag and bilaal14 like this.
  17. finsraider

finsraider Member

Should be situational. Nene shouldn't play a single minute against GSW.

D-rock likes this.
  18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Nene is old, and his game is not impressive now. Plus, Nene is also injury prone.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit I did think about this too, but I don't think that Black can make it to the playoff roster.

20. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

If you like 48 minutes of elite play making, you are going to like 48 minutes of pick and roll above the rim plays. Brandan Wright is not an insurance for Nene. Brandan Wright makes Nene obsolte!:eek:

Morey knows his stuff!