1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will regret trading Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedArmy00, Aug 17, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedArmy00

RedArmy00 Member

Once we made the trade from Martin, Ariza's stats started to go up- particularly his efficiency. Once Ariza didnt feel like he had to be one of the primary scorers, he started to take fewer, better shots, and his play drastically improved. I am deeply troubled by this trade as I felt that we had a good team with ariza martin and brooks as starters.

Surely I am not the only one who noticed that Ariza was really starting to fit in after the Martin trade?

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think several dozen posters here have noted that. But we had a glut at SF and the trade balanced the roster with arguably equal player.

3. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

And that's only the basketball side of it. Saves us lots of money in luxury tax and we recieved a huge trade exception too.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Considering how many threads we have about this trade, was this thread really necessary? Just post your opinion in one of those existing threads.

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

Rockets should regret the Landry trade more.

Ariza deal is a salary dump deal. As long as the money is saved, it is a good trade.

6. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Neither side of this debate will ever agree. We will have to wait and see what happens this year.

If we keep the current team unchanged, I think the trade will hurt us.

To me, this smells like the set up to something bigger.

7. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

No they won't.

Martin is better, and as someone mentioned before. We were stacked at that position.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Surely. You AREN'T.

You really think you were the only one to notice, and the general manager of the team hasn't?

It is incredibly arrogant to assume you are smarter than the front office by asking why is it they have not noticed. Instead, ask yourself, since Ariza was indeed more efficient after the Martin trade, why did they still trade him? What is it that YOU are missing? Since, surely, they know something more.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The Landry trade was about shoring up the 2 as well. Rumor has it we may get him back at some future point though.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why would we regret something that brought us, Kevin Martin a great scorer, Jordan Hill a top 10 pick 2 years ago, and picks that could end up being lotterys. Oh and Jared Jeffries the great.

Your posts make no sense.

And why is this a thread. :confused:

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If CBud improves, the Rockets will miss Ariza as much as they miss Rafer.

DD

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

There were a number of posters who wondered at the wisdom of this trade. However, not only did we gain cap flexibility, we solidified our SG spot. Also, since we acquired Ariza, I have been worried about the deformities of his feet, something the Laker doctors were keenly concerned about. Because that is a key physical stress point, IMO he was a ticking injury bomb. For the money, the youth, the athleticism, the basketball IQ and the professional attitude, I'm very pleased to have Bud represent the Rockets instead of Ariza.

13. alethios

alethios Member

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times in the GARM now. Do you have any links to substantiate this rumor?

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If Ariza out performs Bud on a per minute basis, then maybe their will be reason for regret. Lets see.

15. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

**** you, DD with all your bull****.

RAFER IS MY FAVORITE ROCKET EVER NEXT TO AKEEM

1 person likes this.
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Sticky thread...right up there at the top of the forum.

notice the title?

Your thoughts arent so special they deserve their own thread.

I would ordinarily merge, but this thread is so redundant I aint bothering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.