1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will play the Utah Jazz in the first round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 10, 2019.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Why are people panicking?, odds are we end up facing warriors anyway. Might as well try to get them knocked out early.

RocketJedi likes this.
  2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

HUH? curry out? bro its 2019.

3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

this is the best case scenario out side the clippers.
    The Jazz don't worry me at all. Faried played well against them last time, so he should get minutes. Exum is hurt. Burks is not there. I think maybe even Shumpert may get minutes. I think he can check joe ingles. Its better to only have to worry about Mitchell, versus PG13 and Westbrook. Jazz can't guard harden as well as thunder can. I think we win 4-1 or 4-0. Paul woulda got worn down versus the thunder. All that transition D would wear him and gordon down.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Don't forget Gobert - he was shut down by Capela while Harden abused him on the other end with those switches.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Personally, I didn't like the idea of playing the Thunder OR the Spurs in the first round. OKC can catch fire, but I also see them losing to Portland. Portland is still underrated without Nurkic, and their depth, IMO, is stronger than OKC. Terry Stotts is a mastermind, and I think the Blazers get the best of the Thunder. Russ will, once again, shoot the Thunder out. And, Paul George IS injured. His shoulder is going to bother him and his shot.

Against, the Rockets though, we don't match up well because of a variety of issues:

1. Rebounding
    2. We can't guard Westy going to the rim
    3. James is constantly robbed in OKC.
    4. PJ is our best defender, but when he can't hit his shots, he can be a liability
    5. Russ x2= He always comes in that 4th quarter like a freight train. Dame and CJ will use their speed to take care of that.

Portland in 7
    _________
    Against the Jazz, while they've played well, they're injured as well and the only true threat on offense is Donovan. Joe can shoot, but he's not going to be the Xfactor.

As much as James will go out and ball, our key to winning is Clint , EGO and CP3. Clint has every motivation to go to war against Rudy and CP3 can control the tempo better than James when Utah starts playing racist ball.

Don't be upset when Utah grabs game 3. It's bound to happen and Donovan will be all sorts of cocky.

I've got the Rockets in 5, mainly with how well we've been playing.

_______

I am THRILLED that the Rockets are playing GS in round 2. I think that puts ALL the pressure on GS. The difference this year? CP3 is going into the post-season looking healthy as ever. He's due for some amazing games, and I'm betting we force Curry to guard every time down, wearing him out. That means the same thing as last year: Kevin Durant is going to average 40 ppg. Let him and limit Klay and Steph.

I see an in-game implosion with Boogie. He's going to lose his shi* against CP3 embarrassing him, along with Clint out running him. Take that, as well as KD's disconnect over the season and beef with Dray. KD is already checking out...it's not a secret.

A good Ear said that the Warriors are a "team" but they are not "friends." That's different than other years. Other whisper is that Klay will force his way out after this year.

Anyway, I see us being deeper than last year, healthier and with more weapons. We're not missing 27 straight 3s and I bet MDA plays a larger rotation this time around. You can't leave the Manimal on the bench for engergy, DHouse will shine and CP3 has been gearing up for revenge. Did I mention Curry is injured? Despite Kerr downplaying it, when Curry isn't 100%, he's not untouchable. If Terry Stotts is smart, he'll make Curry guard Dame and CJ over and over. A tired Curry bodes well for us.

My Warriors fear? Draymond hitting shots finally. We'll let him shoot, but I worry that he gets hot at the worst of times.

That said, I've got the Rockets winning in 7 (6 with an early take down in Oracle)

***The adversity of this year has made the team stronger.

**** my closest ear (after I texted a bit pissed after the OKC game) said the team spoke with James, Chris and Tuck as the focal points in discussion. "We're not afraid. Relax J"

I think broken bodies and injuries are going to be a major story line. For once, we're healthy. That matters.

Racist Salt Lake City (shitty) is the first challenge.

***Miss ya, Trev.

XO, Always

-Cod

6. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

P.S. it’s for Nipsey

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets in 6 over the Jazz. Will be a tough series. Rockets 4th seed, they got what they deserved. They had their chances many, many, many times.
    Everything the Rockets had to deal with this season, 11-14 start, the personnel, the injuries and THEY STILL HAD A CHANCE at the 2 seed.

lilbird20 likes this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I never realized how slow Gobert is til I watched the series last year. There were times he'd get the ball under the basket on offense with no Rocket within 10 feet of him and our defense still had time to recover before he could dunk it.

Baqui99 likes this.
  9. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Didn't want you to die, maybe just land on your hands trying to brace for the fall, and break your fingers, so u can't type such hate on a Rockets fan forum...take that post over to Golden State of mind please

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

TBH, it took some crazy bball Gods to make this to happen.
    • Rockets blow a 14-point 4th quarter lead and lose. James of all people, Mr Automatic from FT misses at end. Ok fine, still gotta chance at the #2. Rooting for T-Wolves!
    • T-Wolves blow an 11-point lead with 3mins to go in the game and Denver goes on a 15-0 run to the end the game. Ok fine, we still got the #3 locked as Sacramento is up by 28points and no Lillard or McCollum and only 6 players playing.
    • Kings say "Rockets blew a 14pt lead? Wolves an 11pt lead? HOLD MY BEER!". Blow a 28 point lead and Blazers win.
    Maybe it was meant to be lined up this way. Either way, it is what it is now. Hope they can put away the Jazz quickly.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

good to hear your thoughts cod

1) i agree with POR in 7 and actually posted that in the series thread in nba dish
    2) i see us taking UTA out in 6
    3) i see silver making certain that his cash cow lives past the 2nd round
    4) regarding our guys not being afraid and still confident, they were like that in preseason as well..

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Just heard this on Sirius-XM's NBA channel, in their segment about the playoff matchups...

Justin Termine: So who would have to step up for the Jazz to have a shot at getting past Houston?

Cheryl Miller: Jesus.

:D:D:D

13. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

Rockets sweep the jazz.