1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will play better without Hakeem, but not a better team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darin1998, Dec 2, 1999.

1. darin1998

darin1998 Member

Who else feels the same way?

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

They play better without Dream and that's what matters right now. You can have all the talent in the world(see: Portland) but it doesn't mean anything if your team can't function efficiently as a unit. Talented as Dream is, a good team has to be more than the sum of its parts.

This is probably the most painful variety of "addition by subtraction."

I'm hoping Dream will adapt and be Kareem to Stevie's Magic.

[This message has been edited by AntiSonic (edited December 01, 1999).]

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I hope hakeem retires this year so we can have money and go and get the big free agents.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If you could take Hakeem Olajuwon's legacy away (which you can't), it is crystal clear he needs to be traded to a contender, and let the young Rockets develop.

If you saw Kelvin Cato running the break constantly and busting his ass for 46 minutes, you know it's a crime the man can't get some PT.

Hakeem is strictly a half-court player. The Rockets need to be a full-court team.

Most fun I've had watching a Rockets game in ages tonight.... we lost, but I love seeing the young guys develop.

------------------
    Clutch
    Out to prove Scottie Pippen will apologize at gunpoint.
    www.clutchcity.net