1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will face the Jazz in the second round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2018.

?

Who will win the 2018 Western Conference Semifinals?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2018.
  1. Rockets in 4

12.7%
  2. Rockets in 5

53.1%
  3. Rockets in 6

28.5%
  4. Rockets in 7

4.8%
  5. Jazz in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Jazz in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jazz in 6

0.4%
  8. Jazz in 7

0.4%
  1. photojoe

photojoe Member

We have heard this same thing all season long. Even after they are eliminated, we still have to hear about that?

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Talent wise, it’s not even close. Now Rubio may be out for at least a couple of games. Their defense may be intense, but we will see if they can withstand a steady diet of Harden and CP3 48 minuets.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

if Rubio is out for a prolonged time...perhaps the series, the Rockets have really a much better road. Joe Ingles will be their defunct Point Forward...Joe freaking Ingles...He is a great shooter, but imagine him getting matched up against Paul...

Also, the Rockets will suffer inside the paint. Gobert is a beast and incredibly long...Its going to take a ton of toughness and physicality inside the paint to deal with both Favors and Gobert.

That being said, the Jazz are going to have a very hard time against James and Paul. Synder is a terrific coach, so I know they will be prepared, and perhaps the Rockets will be a bit rusty in game 1. BUT this is all about getting Paul to his first conference finals. PERIOD. Chris Paul will ball out this series against his pupil, Donovan Mitchell. While I think each team is capable of beating the other on the road, this is the kind of series that HOME court matters.

The Jazz are a terrific defensive team, but so are this year's version of the Rockets... Rockets should win. #RunAsOne Go Rockets!

Chanmarr likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Jazz can't score like we can period. We can hit 110+ on bad shooting nights and they struggle to hit 100 nightly. I don't think they can keep up.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Good. I can stop rooting for that garbage *** franchise, rooted for them WAY too much this year. Let's sweep em.

Jake Tower and Chanmarr like this.
  6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Harden arguably had his best season splits against Utah out of all teams in the NBA this season. 36 pts, 6 rebs, 6 asts, 2 stls, 55% FG, 42 3PT...Gobert played in 3 of 4 games......

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

If we can beat the j*zz and the refs in game 3; this will be a sweep!

ROCKETS in FOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Joe Johnson may really score 30 on these clowns

9. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

The Rockets will not have to face playoff Corey Brewer

10. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I already heard a little leaning that way on the Simmons podcast. They thought they could make it a series. So you know, we'll see.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden and CP bout to make alot of mormons very sad. Its just an added bonus that one of those mormons happen to be Mitt Romney.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

joe johnson finally proves his value by providing the complete inside stuff on these jazzholes and their playbook. CP3 also knows this team well from last year and will be looking for payback

houston19519 likes this.
  13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think we win in 5... but the Utah team in the last couple of months was not the same as the one we faced off against 3/4 Times.. and not sure we ever faced their peak form.

Still, I expect a few things:

Paul can and will shut down Mitchell
    Nobody can guard Beard. I expect them to use Crowder to muscle him and he may have some issues one or two games, that’s it.

Ariza and Ingles are very similar

Our style will keep Utah from playing Favors and Gobert. Can’t go slow and low against our small Ball team

Capela will be as much a nightmare for Utah as Gobert will be for us.

Our bench will run circles around theirs.

Bring on the hated Jazz!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ya stockton and Malone blocked Barkley chances at a ring. And Boozer and D.Williams kept Tmac from advancing to the 2nd round lol . I remember watching all series. Its been some battles with utah, but this year for once, houston has the scary dangerous team..

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Everything sounds good but If Paul couldn't shut down Teague or Rose..what makes you think he can shut down Mitchell?

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Not underestimating them. Rockets in 6. Going to be so tough to win in Utah.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dante Exum is not their answer or any answer for that matter. LOL

bulkatron likes this.
  18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Just a feeling! Paul is still an elite PG defender.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Put Luc on Mitchel and we'll be fine.

20. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

This is what jazz fans will be saying after this series. We kicked their ass in season and will repeat the ass kicking in Playoffs. Rockets in 6.

garthomps and Harrisment like this.