1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waive Zhou Qi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 17, 2018.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I actually think this guy has enough talent to play in the league. But his talent isn't so great that it can overcome a mindset that isn't NBA caliber. Far too tentative.

Could have just flipped a coin between him and MCW.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That might be possible. House should get a guaranteed contract. Keep Caboclo in the G-league on a 2 way like Vince Edwards. Edwards is more likely to make it to the Rockets in the future than Caboclo.

3. saleem

Qi problems are his thin frame, lack of speed and stamina. He would have been in the Rockets rotation if those issues didn't exist.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ah yah forgot about Harrell

joshuaao and amaru like this.
  5. basketballholic

Not really. MCW has a partial guarantee that makes his contract dollars count in trade.

Zhou Qi is an NBA player. His moment will come if he keeps grinding. All this blabber about he doesn't have the right mindset, isn't aggressive enough, painfully obvious he's not an NBA player, doesn't finish high enough on the pick-and-toll, can't shoot good enough, etc. etc. is just mindless goop from people who either don't know what they're talking about or they're a part of the media drinking the kool-aid.

Qi was cut because we need his roster spot temporarily, to complete a multi-team trade. Then we'll cut a incoming player that we had to take to make the deal work. And we might wind up with a roster spot open and a second two-way contract slot open.....or both two-way contract shots open if we go ahead and sign House after the trade goes down.

Nothing has changed with Qi. He's better than half the backup bigs in the league now. And here's what you need to understand......we didn't trade him! We could've easily put him in this trade coming up. We didn't do that.

Now ask yourself why? Why didn't we just trade him to a team with an open roster spot? Or why didn't we just include him in this upcoming trade? Why?

#165 basketballholic, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    pippendagimp likes this.
  6. basketballholic

False.

7. saleem

Caboclo hasn't shown anything of note in 4 years. Yes, he was very young and inexperienced, but that is a very long period of time. Vince is stronger than him and has college experience. I think once his defense gets better, he might get some minutes like House.

Deckard likes this.
  8. basketballholic

More blabber.

9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

That’s kind of rude ಥ_ಥ

saleem likes this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Is he better than Thon Maker?

saleem likes this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Morey cut the cheese.

[​IMG]

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think the word you are searching for is "blather." You should be familiar with it. Here's the first definition listed:

to talk long-windedly without making very much sense.
    "he began blathering on about spirituality and life after death"

Here's the definition of "blabber" below:

to talk foolishly, mindlessly, or excessively.
    "he blabbered on and on"

My bad. You are no doubt intimate with both "blather" and "blabber." Both have their uses. Kudos!

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Has it been said?

China faints

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Yeah, seems like a bad marketing choice for the 15th guy. How many Chinese jerseys will they sell if they essentially say Chinese guys can't make a NBA team.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just to a chance to come into this thread after the news on Zhou from yesterday.

I am currently reading the 1st page. And let me say, the "responses" to this thread so far did not disappoint. Hat tip to everyone.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

All kidding aside, time will tell on the roster move. Or perhaps it is to save money. I don't know. We'll see what happens.

BUT, it is obvious that Hartenstein beat out Zhou. And pretty much for the exact reason and concerns I had on Zhou. Basically he isn't physical enough and gets pushed around. "#Hustlestein" throws his body around and is physical. Zhou has other good traits but they were "not good enough" to overcome his lack of physicality. That stuff counts.

I am looking forward to Morey getting rid of the roster detritus (Zhou, MCW, Chriss, Melo, Knight) and filling it with usable players to maximize Harden's prime.

Corrosion and ROXTXIA like this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Me, too, although, unless a move gets made right now so that players aren't scrambling around at Christmas, I half-wonder if the detritus won't be moved until, at best, the week after Christmas or, more likely, in the New Year. So, right away or keep waiting.

Might want to show other teams that Brandon Knight can actually play a bit so that he can be moved.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Complains about lack of basketball talk/discussion.

@saleem tries to have a conversation and gets the below responses :eek::eek::confused:

Roomba, YOLO, Deuce and 1 other person like this.
  19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Chinanu's currently playing for Greensboro, wherever that is.

I hope a hale and hearty young lad like him wouldn't faint, but such is the stress of the G-league :p

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So long.

[​IMG]

BigShasta and Roomba like this.