1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets vs Warriors Series Poll

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Apr 27, 2019.

?

Who do you have winning and in how many games?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2019.
  1. Rockets in 4

3.7%
  2. Rockets in 5

5.9%
  3. Rockets in 6

59.0%
  4. Rockets in 7

17.7%
  5. Warriors in 4

1.1%
  6. Warriors in 5

3.0%
  7. Warriors in 6

5.9%
  8. Warriors in 7

3.7%
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

yea but wat does bspn say doe? need to know wat fukkin a smith has to say.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

yea but who is Lerbon rallying behind?

3. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

So your Voters expect the Rockets to Split in Oakland? Win Both Games at Home, lose in Oakland (Game 5) & Win Game 6??

crimsonghost likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is such pure advice, amirite @tinman

5. Voltik

Voltik Member

I believe overall we have a better or about the same shot this year than last year. With Paul staying healthy throughout the series, we have a realistic shot at beating them even though they might be the greatest ever.

I expect we get to the rim and finish easier than last series. Defense is the key in this series with switching, forcing turnovers, rebounding, contesting shots, and rotating. We only scored over 100 once last year (Game 2 blowout) and played very good defense. We have to find ways to shoot better from the arc and it should help with Harden’s step back 3 and Ariza not being on the roster. With Rivers and House, we can get to the paint easier and hopefully Paul and Gordon get their groove back from last year.

GSW bench should be a lot weaker this year without Cousins, McGee, and Young, and with Livingston, Igudola, and Bogut being older. We need to make sure Cook, McKinney, Looney, and Bogut don’t impact the game.

For some reason, G Green plays well against the Worriers and I expect him to shoot the 3 better and give us good production like last year. We can try hiding him with their bench players. We don’t need defense from Green, just not to play dumb on defense (there is a difference).

I don’t think NeNe can be played unless something happens to Capela. Same with Shumpert. Faried should be played, espically to start the series, but maybe not with Gerald.

Tucker needs to play just as well or better than last year’s series, he was amazing (too Thicc). Harden and Tucker have had a grueling regular season, hope they can sustain a long grueling series. CP3 has to improve his shot and overall game. Gordon has to limit boneheaded plays, get to the rim and finish at high clip.

The loss of Ariza can overall be neutralized, if we are to let Durant have his, and since he was one of the worst players in that series shooting 20% on 3’s. Some of his defense and intangibles need to be picked up by House and Rivers, while shooting over 30%.

This is Harden’s series to win or lose to define his legacy and shut everyone. Harden can elevate his game to a level this year that any offensive regressions from last year with Paul, Gordon, and Tucker (hopefully not) can be neutralized. Overall we are or can be better than last year while GSW should have regressed (never know with that many superstars and all stars). If Clippers can take 2 games at the Oracle, then we should be able to at least take 1 or 2 also while protecting home court. We have a very good shot in taking Game 1 and to lesser extent Game 2.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

especially considering it gives @523744 the golden opportunity to change from a random number to @99

523744, Os Trigonum and Roc Paint like this.
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I really don’t think tinman is as pure as we make him out to be :eek:

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. Roc Paint

I’ll take the Rockets in 6

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the only one making @tinman out to be pure is @tinman himself

Roc Paint likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's bad luck to say that on game day.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Rockets in 7. Curry go for 0-30 in game 7 blowout. Donkey touches CP3's head and gets thrown out. Refs can't determine a blowout game 7.

12. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Rockets in 3

:rolleyes:

Roc Paint likes this.
  13. Roc Paint

TINMAN IS PURE HATERS GO HOME

heypartner and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. bacliff

bacliff Member

I am gonna say it will be a gentleman's sweep so Rockets in 5.

15. Roc Paint

I will take a gentleman’s sweep of a dynasty any day of the week

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Advice to all Rockets fans watching this series: Don't start with the expectation that we're going to win it. If you do that, the whole thing will be painful. You'll worry about all the things that could go wrong, all the ways we might choke. You'll curse at every blown coverage and every thrown-away pass.

Start with the assumption that the Warriors will win it. In fact, they probably will. They have the best record in the West. They're the multi-repeat champions. They have too many all-stars. They had a great team, and then Kevin Durant, in one of the most cynical moves ever, joined it. They rigged the outcome of the league for the remainder of his time there. And then Boogie Cousins joined the party. The Golden State Warriors became an abomination of opportunism and, among some of the top players, collusion.

So they will probably win it. But ... we might wreck their plans.

We have a cast of tenacious upstarts and underrated veterans. We have the league's most creative player, James Harden. We have the league's smartest player, Chris Paul. We have the league's most underrated player, P.J. Tucker. We have Eric Gordon, a magnificent defender against point guards and bigs. We have Clint Capela, the most agile switching big man in the league. We have Gerald Green, Austin Rivers, Kenneth Faried, and Danuel House, who were left for dead.

We have a great cast. Guys who are fun to root for. Talented, tenacious guys. Guys who can take down the champs.

They probably won't. The champs will probably win it again. But somebody needs to take them down. Take them down while Durant is still there, while their corrupt dynasty is still intact.

Let it be us. Let's go get them. And don't fret about the things that go wrong, the missed shots on our end, the made shots on theirs. Celebrate and enjoy all the great plays you're about to see. Celebrate your team.

17. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

exactly

Tfor3 likes this.
  18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I’ve got warriors in 6.
    I think they split games 1 and 2, then split back here at home and then the warriors take 5 and 6. Wouldn’t be shocked with warriors in 7
    I hope I’m wrong. This Rockets team and organization should be incredibly proud of responding to the challenge of a warriors dynasty by trying to beat them, rather than outlast them as the other 28 organizations did.
    Ultimately, I think KD goes elsewhere (and maybe Klay this summer) donkey is basically washed/trash and the rockets and bucks enter 2019/2020 as the two most likely champs as the rockets outlive the warriors dynasty in the end without slaying it.

Hope I’m wrong about the first part and right about the end, obviously.