1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets vs. spurs on nba live 2005 vids..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by couch_pot8o, Sep 10, 2004.

1. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

hey, i found a site where there's a full game video of the game between the rockets and the spurs on nba live 2005. its supposed to give us a taste on how the game will look and feel. ill post the link to the videos later since im at work but you can go to www.ign.com and search it there. won't be so hard to find. man, the game looks so good! imo, this year, its gonna beat espn nba 2k5 by a landslide. hands down. check the video and you be the judge. man, im so excited for this game and this season!! wooohooo!

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Man, I'm so desperate for the season to start, I found myself getting into the replay of a freakin' video game!!! :D

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the link was in the live2005 shots thread as well, but the quality at least for the wmv file is very poor even at its original resolution its pretty pixelated let alone at full screen. if signing up for ign insider is free i may do that to check out the qt file which is larger and hopefully better quality i saw the first quarter yao had 2 points,3 blocks and 2 boards and tracy had a steal,block,9 points and a nasty 360 breakaway dunk after he blocked a three. but the problems i saw in live 2004 seem to be there in live 2005.

6. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Thank god, finally something to watch during the off season.

7. Alibabayomama

Alibabayomama Member

No new commentary yet I guess... everything that was said was exactly the same as 2004.

8. daNasty

daNasty Member

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

after watching the game i thought it was a cpu vs cpu simulation but i was wrong there was a person controlling the rockets. it made sense cuz the guy try to just drive and jack 3s instead of trying to feed yao in the post. its frustrating for me personally to see anyone play bball video games and try to have one personally get like 40-50 points cuz its not real basketball.

course they always get pissed off at me for subbing players pretty often to account for fatigue and/or fouls. and they also get pissed at the way i play because i tend to pass the ball more than the sac kings and have like 4-5 ppl in double figures and 1-2 more with like 6-8 points and have like 35-40 assists at the end of the game. but thats more realistic than just trying to have someone like mcgrady do everything and not involve any teammates whatsoever (yeah i know he did everything for orlando the past few years but cmon there was always at least one another player that scored points in double digits or at least scored)

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, I found out pretty quickly that someone was playing as the Rockets; his/her defense was terrible! Plus, like you said, it looked like he had one player in mind when on offense. I, too, like to spread it around rather than just scoring 50-60 points with one player...mostly just so I could finish off my quintuple double. ;)

It is still pretty crazy thinking of T-Mac as a Rocket. I've been seeing him in a Rocket uniform for a while, even longer if you consider the fact that I always made him a Rocket on video games. (glad I don't have to do that anymore) I'm watching whoever is playing and all of a sudden, I realize we got T-Mac. Wow....wow.

Now as for the actual game, it doesn't look at that great to me, IMO, although I'm sure they added a lot of things that couldn't be seen in the clips. A lot of the things I didn't like about Live '04 is still in the game, or at least it was when this clip was taken. It looks a little better, but it seems to still play the same way. The tip ins are nice, but they looked pretty regular in the clips. I hope that the other features add a lot to the game because this doesn't exactly get me excited about Live. I still would have gotten ESPN anyways, but I did like some things from Live and hoped to see some better things.

11. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

first play of the game. turnover. same old rockets.

12. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Whoever was playing the game can't run a fast break for ****..must of been Steve.

13. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I am counting how many seconds before someone will say that the guy must be Steve Francis. :D

14. wardellp

wardellp Contributing Member

They did in the post right before yours..:)

15. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Still can't be NBA 2K5 for $20 bucks.....always been the better in a simulated game.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

can't believe i watched that.

i need a hobby.

or a girlfriend.

17. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

yah. ESPN baby.

[​IMG]

No gimmicks hahah. Direct shot at NBA live 2005 ASW.

ESPN 2k5 movies are here

They took down 3 other movies right after they put them up, but since I'm such a cool dude I'll give you the links:

Defense Video
    Freethrow Video
    Ball Handling Video

18. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

its 20 bucks this year?....damn thats awesome

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

watched the ball handeling video they show a nice shot of francis passing to mobley for the alley oop :)

20. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Are you sure we weren't watching Disney on Ice???

ESPN NBA2K is the best basketball game series EVER...

If you like arcade type basketball and a choppy game...then NBA LIVE 2005 is for you...

If you want the closest thing to simulation basketball on a console...then ESPN NBA2K5 on X-Box(which by now, everyone agrees...is BETTER than the PS-2) is for you...

Did you guys know that NBA 2K was created by the same programmers that did NBA LIVE 95 - 99, they left EA over creative control or something like that and got picked up by Visuall Concepts...that explains Live's horrible drop off in quality and gameplay since 99 until now...